Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk 2 (05) Heater Resistor Location

byron

Hi,

New to the forum, love the site, very helpful, never had to post, so this is my first problem.

Mt heater resister has gone but i dont know where it is locvated to change it? I have a Mark 2 Focus with the climate pack if that makes any difference.

Please help.

thanks in advance.

Byron

Hi,

New to the forum, love the site, very helpful, never had to post, so this is my first problem.

Mt heater resister has gone but i dont know where it is locvated to change it? I have a Mark 2 Focus with the climate pack if that makes any difference.

Please help.

thanks in advance.

Byron

Mine is on the radiator fan at the top of the shroud in the engine bay twin fans

but thats on a 52 reg dont no if yours is same

hope this help. Take a look at hayne manual on page 3.4 cooling it secion

5 :D

Mine is on the radiator fan at the top of the shroud in the engine bay twin fans

but thats on a 52 reg dont no if yours is same

hope this help. Take a look at hayne manual on page 3.4 cooling it secion

5 :D

I found it! i had to take the glove box out and its behind it in the corner, little awkward to get to but was only a ten minute job!

Sorted, i can now chill with the air con :-)

• 1 year later...

I have just replaced this resistor on my 03 Focus. As you say, it's behind the glovebox. i's just about as far awy from you as possible on the right hand side. The original was blue (making it easier to see) although the replacement from eBay was black. There is a plug attached to the front that you need to remove first. There is one posidrive screw at the base. You will need a stubby screwdriver to fit it in. These is not much room and you have to work by feel as you can't see in at the same time. The screw is not captive so don't drop it. I used a bit of Blu Tak to hold the screw in place when I fitted the new part. Good Luck!