Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whats this?

rg1642
聽Share

Hi all,

Whilst changing the filter on my 63 plate Mondeo 2.0 tdci I came across this jammed against the side of the housing, between the filter and the housing wall.

Has a full ford service history up until I bought it. So not impressed .

Anyone any idea?

Ta

Ru20220806_170637.thumb.jpg.58a29132511e054333bf70ad64b4b647.jpgss

I'm not the only one without a clue then. 馃ぃ

It looks like some sort of rubber plug for somewhere. Cant think it would be attached to anything in the oil filter housing but I suppose it could have been knocked off somewhere getting the filter into place. It is in A ***** stupid position on that engine.

• Haha 1

Isn't that the sorting hat from Harry Potter? :laugh:

The only thing I've seen that looks similar is an oil filler cap 'surround'.聽 I can't even remember if they're fitted to that engine though.聽 Is there a hole all the way through it or is the other end closed?聽 Another few picture angles might help jog someone's memory?

Oh hang on, just seen it's on kitchen paper, so smaller than I thought.聽 I reckon it's one of the rubber inserts from the engine cover.

Here's another shot. I'll have a look at the engine cover and look as well. Fits nice on my thumb for size guide. Ta Russ20220807_122224.thumb.jpg.44839c737ac11c8fd2053fe19f0655b2.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club