Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DAB radio is dead 2013 mk iv diesel

Rog1945
聽Share

Hi, the DAB on my mk iv has suddenly died. Could this be fuse related? I鈥檝e had a look at the fuse diagram and looks like it鈥檚 no.43. I鈥檓 a complete novice when it comes to auto electrics but could a fuse change be done without have to go to the garage?

many thanks 馃槉

23 minutes ago, Rog1945 said:

Could this be fuse related?

Extremely unlikely.

Try replacing the DAB aerial pre-amp unit.

• Like 1

Thank you, I鈥檒l talk to my garage. Sounds a bit too techy for me to handle!聽

just to be absolutely clear, are you saying that it's JUST the DAB that has died and that FM and CD player still work?聽 In which case, it is indeed not the fuse (as Unofix suggested).聽

But to answer your subsidiary question, for future reference, even a 'complete novice' can change a fuse - with the ignition off,聽 just prise the old one out carefully with a medium size flat bladed screwdriver and press the replacement one in. If you've already identified which fuse feeds the radio (assuming you've got that right!) you're well on your way to being a 'partial novice'聽馃槉

• Like 1

On 8/9/2022 at 12:47 AM, alanfp said:

just to be absolutely clear, are you saying that it's JUST the DAB that has died and that FM and CD player still work?聽 In which case, it is indeed not the fuse (as Unofix suggested).聽

But to answer your subsidiary question, for future reference, even a 'complete novice' can change a fuse - with the ignition off,聽 just prise the old one out carefully with a medium size flat bladed screwdriver and press the replacement one in. If you've already identified which fuse feeds the radio (assuming you've got that right!) you're well on your way to being a 'partial novice'聽馃槉

Thank you very much 馃槉 and thanks for the fuse changing tip 馃榿

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club