Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta daytime running lights

Joyzy

Looking for info with daytime running lights, I’m wanting to know if there is way to switch them off, maybe a configuration with forscan? I understand the benefits of having them on but my car is used for driving lessons so is on the road most of the day, I have seen fiestas where the light has obviously gone faulty as is is really dull, just wanting to be able to turn them off in the summer and back on in the winter,  I would have thought turning the switch to off would sort this but they stay on, any help appreciated 

• Sad 1

I would assume as a driving instructor you’d want your car to be road legal and keep them on as required by the MOT?

They are on all new cars for the safety of other road users and pedestrians as it increases the visibility of the vehicle at all times of year. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Joyzy said:

Looking for info with daytime running lights, I’m wanting to know if there is way to switch them off, maybe a configuration with forscan? I understand the benefits of having them on but my car is used for driving lessons so is on the road most of the day, I have seen fiestas where the light has obviously gone faulty as is is really dull, just wanting to be able to turn them off in the summer and back on in the winter,  I would have thought turning the switch to off would sort this but they stay on, any help appreciated 

They might not be faulty, turning the switch to side lights would dim them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joyzy said:

but my car is used for driving lessons so is on the road most of the day

So I assume that you are wanting all of your 'learners' to fail their driving test before they leave the test centre, thus ensuring you have lots of students ?

It is a legal requirement for all cars built after February 2011 to be fitted with permanent Daytime Running Lights.

• Like 3

Oh dear me, disconnect them but don't start crying when you're in the blind spot of a truck and he does'nt see you.

I have an ancient Mk2 Focus where I installed DRLs. I installed them with cabin on/off switch...

1001267675_DRLswitches.thumb.jpg.0242e4a64b630dd4dc9be94c25dc1ef5.jpg

• Like 2

On 8/9/2022 at 8:42 PM, unofix said:

It is a legal requirement for all cars built after February 2011 to be fitted with permanent Daytime Running Lights.

Just to pre-empt any questions on when/whether DRLs are fitted, I think that probably means "for all cars TYPE APPROVED after Feb 2011".  My car is mid 2013 and doesn't have DRLs. 

• Like 2

On 8/9/2022 at 6:56 PM, Joyzy said:

I understand the benefits of having them on

If you're wanting to turn them off it sounds like you might not be fully appreciating them?

1 minute ago, MJNewton said:

If you're wanting to turn them off it sounds like you don't! 😉

As can be seen from my last post above, I have the ability if I want to switch them off. Frequently, I find myself sitting in the car waiting for her to complete many retail therapy opportunities (!). I sit in the car with the engine running so the battery doesn't go flat whilst I run the AC (no, I don't care about the dolphins). That's when I turn my DRLs off, I never have them off when driving...

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

As can be seen from my last post above, I have the ability if I want to switch them off. Frequently, I find myself sitting in the car waiting for her to complete many retail therapy opportunities (!). I sit in the car with the engine running so the battery doesn't go flat whilst I run the AC (no, I don't care about the dolphins). That's when I turn my DRLs off, I never have them off when driving...

I was referring specifically to the OP (and the summer driving use case specifically).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club