Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Backbox Delete, anything to know beforehand?

Connor.Polar

Hello, I imagine this topic has been talked about many times however I just wanted to ask is there anything important to know before doing a backbox delete on my Fiesta Red Edition.

People have said about using something called Exhaust Paste and stuff like that and I'm not too sure if I need it or not.

If there's any other tips and tricks I should know apart from the standard procedure please leave me some feedback.

Many thanks!

• 4 months later...

i may be wrong but if the car is diesel or petrol you may need to sort something out mot wise as it’s an illegal modification and if it’s diesel you should also consider decat larger exhaust tips and dpf delete as these maximise the sound of the exhaust but options are limited due to it being a diesel (with dpf delete you need to remap to stop engine lights and to reduce emissions or your car will blow a lot of black smoke) in terms of petrol cars back box delete usually makes the car sound a lot beefier and louder and you could also remove the catalytic converter to maximise sounds but also have a look at other options as there are lots of different options with a petrol as sound isn’t reduced anything once again not an expert just going off my general knowledge. hope i can help:)

The OP was months ago so may no longer be valid, but as far as I can see Connor was not considering deleting anything other than the back box.

Car is too early for gpf anyway, official position on cat deletion per Gov.Uk is:

It is not always obvious to vehicle owners that some modifications will make the vehicle illegal to use on the road, irrespective of whether the insurer is prepared to provide cover. For example, removing a catalytic converter or diesel particulate filter will almost certainly result in a vehicle’s emissions exceeding type approval limits and make the vehicle illegal to drive on the road. Engine re-mapping may also result in non-compliant emissions.

Exhaust paste could be useful to ensure a gas tight fit, but the main issue is NOISE. Have a listen to a few "back box delete videos" on YouTube etc and see what you think before proceeding. What sounds great blipping the throttle in the workshop can often prove rather tiresome after driving a hundred miles or so.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ryanberry3818 said:

i may be wrong but if the car is diesel or petrol you may need to sort something out mot wise as it’s an illegal modification

I think the OP will be alright, he has the battery powered Red edition. 😉

2 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

What sounds great blipping the throttle in the workshop can often prove rather tiresome after driving a hundred miles or so.

Also think of the neighbours and don't be anti-social.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club