Do Not Sell My Personal Information

About Turbosmart

Bol

Thank very much for the explanation.

I shall discuss it with the mechanic.

I shall inform you in about a week the workshops open.

There are i think two kinds of turbosmart recirculation valve, one is more expensive than the other.

16 minutes ago, Bol said:

Which should be better for performance?

I certainly hope @JW1982is on some kind of monetary retainer following all the excellent free advice he is giving you! LOL 🤣

He is very helpful and i thank him. Thats what are clubs and forums are supposed to do.

2 minutes ago, Bol said:

He is very helpful and i thank him. Thats what are clubs and forums are supposed to do.

mmm... I see the issue, when you didn't understand, 'irony', the sense of humour where you live must be different to what we live with... 😄

• Haha 1

Thank you for the information.

Unfortunately here fords support is not the best.

The turbosmart kompact bov and recirculation valve seem to do the same job. Their difference is the way each one does it. That is what can be read for each one on their technical features.

Turbosmarts reply about turbosmart booster tee.

The boost tee can technically adapt onto any car if it has a pneumatic internal wastegate.

The Turbosmart Recirculation valve has full internal recirculation (just like the original one).

The Turbosmart Kompact BOV has 50% internal and 50% external circulation. This can be detected as an air leak and as a result of this can generate a DTC code and activate the warning light.

• Like 1

Turbosmart Recirculation valve.

So this is recommended. They claim that it is better that the original and keeps boost high.

Does the the same sound as the original or more?

The original is considered to be a bov or a recirculation valve?

9 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

The original is full recirculation. 

You deserve a medal buddy! 😄

Thank you for the information.

You are very helpful.

I shall discuss all these with the mechanic.

I hope this thread will be of assistance to others as well.

• 1 month later...

The manual turbo booster valve was connected almost a month ago.

So far so good.

No issues. As the mechanic, the technical support and others said since there are no issues like CEL (check engine light) then it is alright and it should let it be as it is.

It seems to work fine on the third or fourth turn (click).

Performance is increaced. The difference is noticeable. Not very big. It was tested many times.

It didnt solve entirely the boost leak problem, again CEL turned on a few times when driving on a hil with 6th gear (a car shouldnt be drived like this, but it was done to be tested).

It turned on when the manual turbo booster was on zero (like when the booster is not connected, off) and when it was clicked (on).

Fuel consumption is still on normal levels (when it was remaped/tuned it was very high).

Generally manual turbo boosters are not recommended on ecoboost engines, but since there are no issues for now (after a month) and no CEL then it seems to be alright.

IMG_20220831_000225.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club