Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Photo Competition

RCJ

Just for something different to do, does anyone want to do a weekly photo competition?

Just a suggestion, or has it been done before?

• Like 1

could do a topic each week i.e. week 1- weather, week 2- work, and so on... and each week we vote a winner?

• Like 1

What a good idea! I would most definitely be up for such a competition. A few months ago we got a photography thread up and running... got to about 7 pages :D Worth a look. There are some good shots in there

FOC Photography Thread

So, any ideas for a theme? My suggestion is water. (Simply because it has just rained here and I've just been out to snap some beading pics :D )

Yep, that would be great :D Cheers. Maybe ask Dan or Gaz to pin it somewhere to try and get as many people as possible to enter :)

We could do with a rough number of people interested? Because if its just me and you... could be a boring competition lol

Pass on a PM tonight with the link to the topic and I will pin it. I can also edit the topic title each month if you wish to say what the weeks/months theme is.

One issue ive got is working out how we choose a winner.... I.e. Poll, Vote through a anonymous PM, Vote in thread, Individual Judge....

What do we suggest?

I would say vote through the thread, but only if we are sure that you can only vote once :)

best to start a thread called

August photo comp

say who is moderating the competition

in the thread you give a theme for the competition like "cars"

give a closing date for the competition (2 weeks or less)

everyone who enters posts their pictures on that thread

when people taking part posts a picture they need to give the picture a title (for voting purposes) and a wee bit of info to make it more interesting.

then on the closing (2 weeks or less) the moderator will put all the pictures on a new thread called "Vote: August photo comp" and create a poll using the titles of the members pictures so any forum member can vote and within a few days or a week close the voting (depends how suscessfull the photo comp gets)

count the votes and you have your winner.

this is the way we play it on an angling forum i use. you need to be dedecated to it though, try get actual moderators on to it to look after the threads and make them stickies otherwise its a game that gets forgot about.

give it a go though ill play

Hey Andy, Thanks for the input and suggestions for the Photo Comp brought from another forum.

Incase you didnt notice, we have the competition up and Running Photo Comp Week 1

We have a moderator, Myself and Aph1101 keeping an eye on it.

Be good if your up for joining in, the first week deadline is Monday at midnight.

Thanks

Rob

awesome, i like the whole voting at the end though, something that i need to look into/suggest, as im going away

voting on another forum makes it easier for people to vote as all the pictures should be posted on the first thread by the moderator with the titles next to them and the poll at the top.

we tried voting in the same thread but it got confusing because people had posted in between pictures so pictures ended up on page 2 and never even got seen