Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford fiesta 1.25 loss of power, no EML

Callumrayb

Hi, I've had a 2008 ford fiesta 1.25 for about a month and had a few problems, I cleaned the map sensor and the throttle body last week and I've changed the spark plugs, and air filter, but today when on a trip home I lost power, I was going up a slip road I usually go up in 3rd and it took noticeably longer to get up to speed, while on the dual carriageway I couldnt get past 60 in 5th! Sort of like a limp mode. One other thing of note is that I've lost about 6mpg average too! I checked for codes with my reader but nothing came up at all. I'm at a loss of what to do..

How many miles has the car done?

When was the oil changed last? Has it got the correct oil in?

Are the HT leads breaking down?

Is there enough transmission oil in?

Is the clutch slipping or does it just have no power?

You could have sticking valves, worn valve springs

14 hours ago, Callumrayb said:

I checked for codes with my reader but nothing came up at all. I'm at a loss of what to do..

Is this a 'Generic Code Reader' ?

Use FORScan with the vLinker FS connecting lead to read the Ford specific DTC's

• Like 1

Not sure about forscan but the oil was changed 400 miles ago too, forgot to mention, the car has 135000 miles. HT leads we're fine when I inspected them and I'm pretty sure the clutch isn't slipping.. I'll look into forscan, but wouldnt I have an EML on if there was something serious going on?

At 135,000 miles, I would suspect worn internal components.

If it's not burning oil (smoking), or making any loud noises, or over heating then suspect wear in the valve train. Sticking valves can be a problem, if they don't open and close quick enough it saps all your power

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club