Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

No fool like.....

StephenFord

I have just cleaned my windscreen, and as soon as I had soaked it in my spray cleaner, I realised a mistake I have never made in my life before. Yes, I had covered it in Tyre Dressing!! Just spent an age cleaning it all off in various solvents, and then cleaning it 3 x times in proper glass cleaner. In my defense (LOL) the bottles do look awfully alike, but I have now labelled them to avoid future stupidity!

1008591327_cleaningbottleslabelled.thumb.jpg.5f611ef342571e58d15abe2f9cd295ac.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

29 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I have just cleaned my windscreen, and as soon as I had soaked it in my spray cleaner, I realised a mistake I have never made in my life before. Yes, I had covered it in Tyre Dressing!! Just spent an age cleaning it all off in various solvents, and then cleaning it 3 x times in proper glass cleaner. In my defense (LOL) the bottles do look awfully alike, but I have now labelled them to avoid future stupidity!

1008591327_cleaningbottleslabelled.thumb.jpg.5f611ef342571e58d15abe2f9cd295ac.jpg

How did you manage to get two trigger tops to come out of one bottle at the same time ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I did something very similar once with a unit out of a TV Transmitter - Electrolube Freezer Spray tin is almost identical to Electrolube Lubricant tin - Instead of freezing the unit to try and find an intermittent fault, I filled it with oil !!!!!!

Silver lining was that because I then had to seriously dismantle the unit, I found the fault !

• Like 1

I did something similar, I mixed up the tube of super glue with the tube of KY jelly!

My model of a 747 just fell apart!!! 😞

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I did something similar, I mixed up the tube of super glue with the tube of KY jelly!

My model of a 747 just fell apart!!! 😞

Yes, KY jelly is far better at sticking AirFix models than SuperGlue! LOL

• Haha 1

Ever see that episode of Only Fools & Horses where uncle Albert gives everyone coffee instead of Bisto to pour over their dinners?

That's you, that is! 🤣

• Like 1

21 hours ago, StephenFord said:

I doubt labeling them is going to avoid  future stupidity.🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When my son was 10 yrs old he was tired and took himself off to bed. Because the family bathroom was occupied, he used the ensuite shower room that my sister in law was using while she was staying with us. The next morning he asked "Have we got a different toothpaste?". No, son, it's Auntie's haemorrhoid cream!

• Haha 3

My partner's mother mistook a bottle of tipex for her ear drops medication. 🤣🤣

I was watching one of those "24 hours in A&E" type programmes the other night. One guy went to put eyedrops in his young son's eye, got muddled up and used superglue. 😬

He didn't *look* thick... 🤷‍♂️

Yes I saw that, assuming it was same program.  The son and dad seemed quite calm bearing in mind you would be thinking you’ve possibly blinded your son for life.   I once made my wife a cup of coffee using bisto instead of instant coffee.  They were both glass jars with red plastic tops and similar brown powder.  She spat it out pretty quick .  Gravy with sugar and milk is probably quite horrible. I didn’t have my glasses on. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club