Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus vignale 1.5 diesel auto

gareth 1

Wonder if anyone can help in January i bought a 19 plate focus vignale it had done 19k miles, it was from Motorpoint. I have had nothing but hassle with it feom day one , first the 2 front tyres were illegal and took 10 days to replace, then as 3 software updates were required the fors dealer could not open the bonnet due to cable issue, then came the car going into limp mode as they had fitted the air intake pipe the weong way, airbag light flashing intermitently, infotainment system crashing needing master reset pre crash collision alert flashing for no reason. Now the oil light and service indicator has come on, since last service which they say they did prior to sale, ive done less than 4k miles and its been 6 months, motorpoint have said that they did not carry out the 20k/2yr service in full as they didnt change the cabin filter, they also did not stamp the seevice book! So if the ford dealer could not open the bonnet how did they? Am i right in saying that the message i get on the app that i have 5% oil life left should not come on if the oil was changed and service counter reset? They have refused to cover the cost of doing what ford reccomend (ensure the ford schedule is maintained correctly) . Any useful info out there please.

thanks in advance 

626EAA90-DE75-472E-BBC7-3954F7CCC0FE.jpeg

Take it back and demand a refund if you are not happy.

If you have purchased via the finance route then get in touch with the finance company and get them to sort it.

• Like 1

Thanks for reply bought it debit card, do you know if the service is as the above is correct i cant see any other option than to believe that there was no new oil proir to sale ? 

They haven't reset the service indicator, but that doesn't mean they didn't change the oil.  Do you know the exact 'timeline' of the bonnet release getting stuck?  Could they have changed oil before that happened?

29 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

They haven't reset the service indicator, but that doesn't mean they didn't change the oil.  Do you know the exact 'timeline' of the bonnet release getting stuck?  Could they have changed oil before that happened?

All i know when i bought it and the 1st time the ford dealer tried to get underneath they couldnt , so it was replaced under ford warranty, so for example if i changed the oil today at 10,000 surely it should not tell me that i only have 5% life 4000 miles later or 6months ? Thanks for your reply btw 

1 minute ago, gareth 1 said:

All i know when i bought it and the 1st time the ford dealer tried to get underneath they couldnt , so it was replaced under ford warranty, so for example if i changed the oil today at 10,000 surely it should not tell me that i only have 5% life 4000 miles later or 6months ? Thanks for your reply btw 

I'm not sure how long it was between you purchasing the car from Motorpoint and Ford attempting to open the bonnet?  It sound like the catch could reasonably have broken after being serviced at Motorpoint.

The oil counter needs to be reset, it's not an automatic thing.  If you're doing very low mileage with a lot of stop start driving, the oil could degrade in that time on this engine due to DPF regens.  I take it you didn't check the oil life when you first bought the car?

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm not sure how long it was between you purchasing the car from Motorpoint and Ford attempting to open the bonnet?  It sound like the catch could reasonably have broken after being serviced at Motorpoint.

The oil counter needs to be reset, it's not an automatic thing.  If you're doing very low mileage with a lot of stop start driving, the oil could degrade in that time on this engine due to DPF regens.  I take it you didn't check the oil life when you first bought the car?

Bought the car 16th Jan and it was March that the first time the dealer tried to open it, and i was unaware of the app until april, to me is stinks as they missed the cabin filter and also didnt stamp the book. Paid a lot of money for this car and feel like ive been robbed by Motorpoint very poor all round. 

42 minutes ago, gareth 1 said:

Bought the car 16th Jan and it was March that the first time the dealer tried to open it, and i was unaware of the app until april, to me is stinks as they missed the cabin filter and also didnt stamp the book. Paid a lot of money for this car and feel like ive been robbed by Motorpoint very poor all round. 

The catch could easily have broken when Ford attempted to open it in that case.  I can't imagine they'd be honest about that and offer to cover the repair cost...  But if you didn't attempt to open the bonnet yourself in between, we have no way to prove it either way.

The cabin filter isn't a major service item.  It's the oil change that's the main thing here.  And I agree that if they didn't stamp the book or reset the service indicator, then that does seem very odd.  Did they provide any sort of paperwork to prove that the oil change had been done?  

Being a 19 plate, it's out of manufacturer warranty now (or very close) so the lack of correct servicing won't affect anything legally moving forward.  As a 19 plate, it was already well over the second year service interval, unless you have proof of that being done at 2 years old?  I guess this is why they only did an oil change rather than a scheduled service this time.

First thing Gareth, 

Did you at any point when looking at vehicle prior to purchase actually look under the bonnet ? 

If not, why didnt you ? 

As Tom posted earlier, the oil service light isnt a major issue, it just needs resetting.

Your next issue could be wether or not you can reset the oil life yourself as you posted earlier that the car has been back to Ford for software updates ?

The option to reset it yourself may been removed.

As regarding motorpoint as a whole, they are great for viewing and sitting in cars but from other peoples and your own experienceI wouldn't be purchasing one from them, you just have to look at the reviews online.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club