Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk4 - What comes underneath boot liner?

RecoiLz

I've recently bought a Mk4 Ford Focus and when I had a look under the boot liner, the only thing in there besides the subwoofer was the spare wheel which I think is standard issue for the car? At least the higher trims.

One thing I have been wondering though, is what the molded insert gaps are for, because there was nothing in mine. I just saw this pic online of another listing which has a few bags of something in there. What should the car have come with?

spacer.png

The inserts are mainly there to support the floor you can store stuff there if you want to. Don’t cover the DSP if you have the sub though (top right in that pic) as it gets warm. 

The things in the bags are the locking wheel nut key bottom left and the easy fuel funnel mid left. You should have both of these in the car but sometimes they are in the glovebox or elsewhere. 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 7:25 AM, alexp999 said:

The inserts are mainly there to support the floor you can store stuff there if you want to. Don’t cover the DSP if you have the sub though (top right in that pic) as it gets warm. 

The things in the bags are the locking wheel nut key bottom left and the easy fuel funnel mid left. You should have both of these in the car but sometimes they are in the glovebox or elsewhere. 

I still have the fuel funnel and locking wheel nut inside the car, it was like that when I bought it, might put them in the boot, probably a better place to store them.

22 hours ago, Nimrodmk8 said:

I still have the fuel funnel and locking wheel nut inside the car, it was like that when I bought it, might put them in the boot, probably a better place to store them.

Checked mine this morning, it has no insert, just has spare wheel, I didn't remove wheel, but probably has the spanner and jack underneath the wheel.

The picture in your first post has the sub sitting on the spare so it raises the floor and requires support either side.

If no sub, then no need for the extra support.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

The picture in your first post has the sub sitting on the spare so it raises the floor and requires support either side.

If no sub, then no need for the extra support.

Yep, mine has no sub.

On 8/16/2022 at 1:22 AM, RecoiLz said:

One thing I have been wondering though, is what the molded insert gaps are for, because there was nothing in mine. I just saw this pic online of another listing which has a few bags of something in there. What should the car have come with?

spacer.png

The she-wee fits in the moulded slot right at the back...assuming you're tall enough to reach it!

IMG_20210324_113110354.jpg.b580aabf5d64c98beee57d75a7fdaeea.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club