Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Advice On MK7 Stereo!

Hartleys UK

Okay so I could really do with some help guys, I've sold my 2010 fiesta and got a 13 plate fiesta van, which unfortunately has the 'M' button steering wheel, and the stereo without the 'phone' button. 

I'd really like to upgrade it, so I've bought the phone button version of the stereo, and I was wondering what else I would need to buy for my phone to connect through bluetooth

I'm willing to buy the steering wheel with the 'voice' button instead of the 'M' if needs be. I have the aux and usb port, but I cant speak through my phone in calls unless I unplug or place on loudspeaker and its killing me doing so.

Any links or info provided would be greatly appreciated, andI know a lot of you would suggest just buying a new stereo upgrade but ideally I'd like to keep the original fiesta look and feel as that's what I'm used to. 

Thanks in advance! 

You will need the microphone and probably the separate bluetooth module (fits in the dashboard above the glovebox).

This site with the parts catalogue might help.

https://ford.7zap.com/en/car/59/code.db,1.48184,2.4205,4.32198,6.26248,7.29708,10.32097,12.39889/0/1843/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, unofix said:

You will need the microphone and probably the separate Bluetooth module (fits in the dashboard above the glovebox).

This site with the parts catalogue might help.

https://ford.7zap.com/en/car/59/code.db,1.48184,2.4205,4.32198,6.26248,7.29708,10.32097,12.39889/0/1843/

Thanks for that! Unfortunately I cannot find the parts I need under the aerial or radio section, but managed to find the bluetooth module on eBay for a mk7.5, so I guess I will need to just find the wiring loom for it and the microphone? 

1 hour ago, unofix said:

Sorry I forgot to update the post, I found the mic but can't find the cable that goes from the stereo to the bluetooth module, or the module to the mic. 

On 8/17/2022 at 8:01 PM, unofix said:

audio harness.JPG

Thanks for that! Your a legend!

I've Managed to get one from a breaker on eBay, just need the loom that goes through the A pillar to the interior light to connect the microphone 😊 Hopefully should have it all up and running by next week! Will post photos and tools needed and what not for anyone else whos thinking of upgrading to the bluetooth model. 

I've also sourced the steering wheel with the cruise control buttons and the voice command button instead of the 'M'. Hoping the cable is plug and play or I'll have to strip out the cable and fit a new one, then use Forscan to enable the DAB, cruise control, and voice command etc. 

Quick update: fitted the new stereo, screen and bought the interior light with the mic built in, also bought the loom for it all off eBay with the help of user:unofix.

BUT, I cant for the life of me work out where the bluetooth module sits behind the glovebox. All videos I've seen they have 4 7mm bolts that holds it behind the glovebox, but mine doesnt even have the holes. I've tried holdong it in all different positions and angles and cant find anywhere for it that matches up with it. I'm starting to think this is going to be a nightmare of a job and I arent gunna be able to complete this part of the project unless I tape it behind there somewhere and just hope it doesn't rattle about.

Fitted the new stereo, but worryingly there wasnt any extra connections for where the cable from the stereo to the bluetooth module would go, any ideas? Because right now when I press phone it just mutes the sound on the radio or aux. 

I also have an issue were the stereo seems smaller than my original, it has a tiny gap above the right side vent and the bottom of the stereo doesnt 'click' in so its loose, and the passenger airbag cover/indicator doesnt sit flush with it. Does this mean I will have to replace this piece? And will my stereo always have that gap now?  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club