Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice please

MondoRay

Hi all, It looks like my old faithful Mk6 Fiesta 1.6tdci is off to the scrappy after yrs of good service. however, as I dont really want to part with the car im hoping someone might just have a nit of knowledge that will prevent the scrappy.  It seems and after about 2 hours of the AA man trying I have an immobliser issue. The dash will light up and nothing on turning the key. You cant even hear the fuel pump priming as normal so totally dead. Fuses checked and appear ok and I have tried a couple of reset option read on the net.  There is no sequence of the immobilser light flashing and it just does its normal flash once a second. Tried the spare key and changed the batteries. The car battery is only a yr old. I belive there is three parts to the immoliser being the key, barrel/pat and ecu. Is there anything else I need to consider before I finally say good bye.

The second part of this is I only filled the car up the day before the problem. How typical is that. If the immobiliser is going to not be worth sorting how can I get that fuel out of the car and into our other car. is there an anti siphon  device fitted to these. the car is on the drive so difficult to get under to drop the talk etc and dont really want to be attempting that on the drive so an easy method seems the way to go. Obviously with no power going tot he pump i cant think of a way to get the fuel engine side.

Any thoughts on both these issue most gratefully received. Ta

My granddaughters Mk6 petrol last week underwent similar last week. RAC guy spent a good hour and a half on it an thinks ECU or cable fault. At Ford dealer at moment, will be looked at beginning of Sept. Outcome of that will decide if it goes to the scrappy. You didn't mention about checking for a cable fault might be worth a look. As to your fuel problem only idea comes to mind is a large hammer and metal spike and a very large thin open topped can.

Just thought don't the AA do a service where they drain fuel tanks if you put the wrong fuel in. Maybe they could do something for you at a cost.

If it's potentially the PAT will forscan not see it or recode with possible new parts, if your desperate to keep it.

I don’t have the solution. I believe forscan does do programming of keys/immobiliser for that car if using windows laptop and forscan extended licence.  But I’m not saying  think it is that as I don’t know.     But you say you don’t hear the fuel pump priming.   Having had a 2007 fiesta 1.6tdci I believe they do not have an electric fuel pump. Only the high pressure mechanical pump driven by the timing belt.

If the immobiliser light is flashing at it's normal 1 second rate then that would suggest that it is not an immobiliser fault in the sense of anything needing to be reprogrammed.

If you can put the key in the ignition and turn it on but the light continues to flash at the 1 second rate then it may be the detection loop/aerial around the ignition switch is not detecting the key.

When / how did the problem happen ?

Still no luck so as it’s going to be expensive as other work wants doing for the mot it’s going to the scrappy. Just need to get £50 fuel out. Hoping I can got in via either the rubber pipes at the tank end for fuel in or vent. Hopefully this will be after the anti sypthon 

There's no tank fuel pump.  If you put a hand primer directly on the fuel sender outlet, you can syphon that way.  Will take ages through those tiny pipes though.  

When I did a full tank on another car, I just pulled the full sender unit out and used a glass to 'scoop' the fuel out through the hole.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club