Do Not Sell My Personal Information

23.9Gig Map Download

Chris179

Hi

Can anyone

inform me if the 23.9g map D/Load offered on the ford update page is Maps 11, or just an update to Maps10.

Also is available from Cyanlabs

Regards

Chris

Can confirm the Ford site is now offering the latest F11 maps.

Hi all, 

Just a quick one regarding the update if you don't mind? I'm wondering what the quickest way to install this is? When I last updated the 9gb map update it took nearly 2 1/2 via USB (I'm assuming USB 1.0) so I'm apprehensive about doing so given it's now 23.9GB in size. 

My question is, would this be quicker to do via wifi as I have 1 gig up and down so the download side is very fast but I'm curious to wonder whether it's quicker going down the wifi method as the download will be on the SYNC 3 hdd/memory so it's then only installing from itself rather than downloading to USB, transferring to USB, transferring from USB to Car then car installs?

I realise I might have answered my own question but felt it best to clarify with those in the know. 

Or is there a faster way?

I've used Cyanlabs before so if USB is the quicker way then I'll go down that route again as it was fairly painless. 

Thanks in advance.

11 minutes ago, Kugalicious said:

would this be quicker to do via wifi as I have 1 gig up and down

you might have super duper fast internet speeds but the fastest speed I've ever seen the Ford site upload is 6.5MB

To download the file to my computer took almost 2 hours and I have 500MB fibre

2 minutes ago, unofix said:

you might have super duper fast internet speeds but the fastest speed I've ever seen the Ford site upload is 6.5MB

To download the file to my computer took almost 2 hours and I have 500MB fibre

I've had far faster than that before. I think it depends on the time you do it as well. 

I downloaded the latest update in just over 10 minutes. Once I'm home I'll show you a screenshot if you like 😉

• Like 1

Are you ok to upload the maps  with the battery been put on charge and the ignition been on since it takes about 2 hours to update 

yes and ........no !

If your 2019 Focus is like mine it will switch the ignition off after not detecting anyone in the car for 20 minutes. Now you are supposed to be able to turn that auto switch off function off in the settings. I did try changing the settings on mine but while I could make it turn off quicker, I could not get it to stay on.

From previous map updates I've done (not the last one), I've found you do not have to do it all at once just so long as you don't remove the USB pen drive.

@unofixA little later than I expected I realise but here we go..

20220818_234159.thumb.jpg.ab527035d34d11754266acd7785d2074.jpg

Granted it's not the full speed of the connection but it's quick enough to complete in 10 minutes. 

I dare say it would have got faster than that too had I not cancelled it.

To clarify would it be faster to update then via Wifi or USB do you think?

To be honest seeing that I don't know. I have tried many times to download faster than the 6.5MBs but just came to the conclusion that Ford must have a limiter on.

I would still think in your case it would be faster using the USB

23.9Gb !

Does that include mapping to Uranus ?

I once used a SatNav that worked with just a 4kb ferrite core store and an 8 bit tape reader - admittedly it was the size of a 'fridge, and you only got a dozen fixes a day !

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club