Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Puma quality issues.

Dave.tam

Well, between the wife and I, we’ve owned 3 Pumas in the last year or so, a mean green ST performance, a metropolis white ST LIne X and a solar silver ST Line X. 

The ST was only with me for 2 months, because I got offered thousands more than I paid for it new to sell it on to Arnold Clark second hand! Had no issues with it at all, but again, only owned it for a couple of months. Ordered a Mustang GT (still hasn’t come)

The metropolis white was the wife’s, and we only had it about 6 months before deciding to trade it in for the silver one, as again, the value had increased, and it was just over £3k in positive equity. Allowed us to buy the silver one, with a couple of extras (pan roof, led lights and 19’s etc) for about the same price as the old one. (Go figure!)

Anyway, the rear door seals…..OMG they’re a nightmare! They kept coming loose on the white car, and we kept having to push them back on, but seeing as the car was being traded in, didn’t really concern ourselves too much with it. Must admit that was the only issue with that car. So, then we get the Silver one, and again the seals start to come away!, I’ve also noticed that the seat covers on both the front seat keep coming unclipped too. Probably only noticed this as I need to change the seat position every time i drive, as the Mrs is much shorter than me! Anyway, i have clipped them back on numerous times myself, but alas, they keep popping off again. 

Last issue is the boot. We don’t have the powered tailgate (think its the only option we did go for tbh) and the gas struts are useless! They keep getting stuck and the boot wont close smoothly. 

Haven’t approached the dealer yet as we’ve just come back form holiday, but now we’re back, going to get it booked in and see what they say.

The car is less than 3 months old. 

Dont want to sound like I’m moaning, as we both actually really love the Puma! The wife’s already saying that she wants to trade the silver one back in for a ST, but the prices are starting to settle down again now, so may not make financial sense as ours is still so new.

I’m not expecting good things when it comes to build quality from the Mustang TBH, but thought the Puma would be better! 

D9C0A6C2-398B-4DB0-9B68-0055F7CF8B91.jpeg

9EAC9FBE-C5D0-4E5E-91D1-B064A7ABF1C7.jpeg

D085815C-219F-4B5D-8AE9-8FBD94CD740B.jpeg

B877AA69-EC37-404B-807A-5245267820CC.jpeg

Bond the seals to the body, completely clean both joints first

I was considering that, but then i thought…..why should i be doing that? It’s a brand new car with less that 3k miles on the clock. 

Also don’t know if they’ll ever need to come off for anything, and don’t want ford blaming me for glueing them in place. 

54 minutes ago, Dave.tam said:

I was considering that, but then i thought…..why should i be doing that? It’s a brand new car with less that 3k miles on the clock. 

Also don’t know if they’ll ever need to come off for anything, and don’t want ford blaming me for glueing them in place. 

If you take it in Ford will glue them back on, like they do with MK4 Focus Primary Seals

That’s all good though, as at least it will be them doing it, and they can sort the seat covers and the gas struts at the same time.

If its of any use, our march delivered puma with 1500 miles on also has this issue.

They came completely detached, and I have to keep tapping them back on to make sure.

It’s poor really. I’ve seen a couple of older Focuses driving round with the door seals hanging out and dragging on the floor. Seems such an easy thing too get right.

I’ve not had the seals go yet but I’ve started getting squeaks / rattles throughout. Yesterdays was front inner windscreen pillar n/s - sounds like loose screw or something. On the subject of inner pillar screen trims I’ve never had such poor quality ones on a car , they move around all over the place especially towards the windscreen lower down .

Also suspension creaks / noises when going over bumps - I’m happy to drop off at dealer to investigate these but not the squeaks as prob whole dash has to come out and could take days and then maybe not found. So I’ll persevere myself .

• 7 months later...
On 8/18/2022 at 9:01 AM, Dave.tam said:

Well, between the wife and I, we’ve owned 3 Pumas in the last year or so, a mean green ST performance, a metropolis white ST LIne X and a solar silver ST Line X. 

The ST was only with me for 2 months, because I got offered thousands more than I paid for it new to sell it on to Arnold Clark second hand! Had no issues with it at all, but again, only owned it for a couple of months. Ordered a Mustang GT (still hasn’t come)

The metropolis white was the wife’s, and we only had it about 6 months before deciding to trade it in for the silver one, as again, the value had increased, and it was just over £3k in positive equity. Allowed us to buy the silver one, with a couple of extras (pan roof, led lights and 19’s etc) for about the same price as the old one. (Go figure!)

Anyway, the rear door seals…..OMG they’re a nightmare! They kept coming loose on the white car, and we kept having to push them back on, but seeing as the car was being traded in, didn’t really concern ourselves too much with it. Must admit that was the only issue with that car. So, then we get the Silver one, and again the seals start to come away!, I’ve also noticed that the seat covers on both the front seat keep coming unclipped too. Probably only noticed this as I need to change the seat position every time i drive, as the Mrs is much shorter than me! Anyway, i have clipped them back on numerous times myself, but alas, they keep popping off again. 

Last issue is the boot. We don’t have the powered tailgate (think its the only option we did go for tbh) and the gas struts are useless! They keep getting stuck and the boot wont close smoothly. 

Haven’t approached the dealer yet as we’ve just come back form holiday, but now we’re back, going to get it booked in and see what they say.

The car is less than 3 months old. 

Dont want to sound like I’m moaning, as we both actually really love the Puma! The wife’s already saying that she wants to trade the silver one back in for a ST, but the prices are starting to settle down again now, so may not make financial sense as ours is still so new.

I’m not expecting good things when it comes to build quality from the Mustang TBH, but thought the Puma would be better! 

D9C0A6C2-398B-4DB0-9B68-0055F7CF8B91.jpeg

9EAC9FBE-C5D0-4E5E-91D1-B064A7ABF1C7.jpeg

D085815C-219F-4B5D-8AE9-8FBD94CD740B.jpeg

B877AA69-EC37-404B-807A-5245267820CC.jpeg

Enthusiast? Half to your post is taken up with how much you got for flipping the cars. Christ did you alleviate world hunger too or solve the Middle East crisis? I joined this forum to find out why my wife’s Pumas arch seal had loosened but if it’s anything like your post I’ll not bother. Bet your neighbours go inside when they see you lad lol. Thanks for dropping in the facts of how many cars you bought and made money on and oh of course the Mustang GT. JEEEEZ 

Hi Scotty.

Interesting first post. 

1 hour ago, Scotty100k said:

I joined this forum to find out why my wife’s Pumas arch seal had loosened but if it’s anything like your post I’ll not bother.

I agree with you. By which I mean don't bother coming back.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 6 months later...

Mine has come away completely as well. Is it just a generic rubber door seal I need, or is there a model specific one?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2023 at 9:29 PM, omgk said:

Is it just a generic rubber door seal I need

It's most likely that you don't need a new seal, just the right glue to stick it back on.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club