Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St170 Front Tire Rubbing In Wheel Arch?

Geek8ter

I have had my ST170 for a while and noticed that it occassionally grounded the drivers side front tire into the wheel arch lining on heavy braking and on the odd pot hole. This was only a rare event but over the last few days it has become a noticable problem that happens more often than not over the slightest bump. Roads down under are not as god intended and have more than their fair share of uneven surfaces. Has anyone else had a similar problem??

I have had it checked on a ramp which revealed nothing. The handling is sweet as per norm and there appears to be no indication or tell tales of the shocks or springs being shot. Thr tire is contacting on the inside of the arch right on the platic clip/strap that is incorporated into the arch lining that holds it up the wing. Only on the drivers side. I only weigh 12 stone?!

Tyhe last thing i want to do is take it in to a garage and ask them to try and repair it before i have an idea of what it could be. It is quite a rare car over here and parts are silly prices. Even the Ford dealers ask me what it is!??!

Any information or help is grately appreciated in advance.

what size wheeles are on the car,if they are 18' check that the tyres are no bigger than 215/35/18 as they can rub the lining.

what size wheeles are on the car,if they are 18' check that the tyres are no bigger than 215/35/18 as they can rub the lining.

Thanks for the reply. All standard 215/45/17's standard rims with no suspension mods.

Just about to take it to my mechanic. He seems honest and that is about as good as i can get unless i start doing all the work myself (not an option). Ford are so bad here. The guy who i bought it off had a full service done only days before. I then had it checked and found that the oil filter was cross threaded and leaking badly, the power steering fluid was drained and not filled back up, the coolant was half empty, the tyre pressures were all well short....the list goes on. Needless to say that all the above were marked as done or checked. That was the biggest most respected Ford service department in Sydney and cost $1700 or 1000 pounds!!!!!!

Will let you know what they say.

Oh and the car has only done 30,000 miles and is well looked after ie. has never been taken off road or on unsurfaced roads.

Oh and the car has only done 30,000 miles and is well looked after ie. has never been taken off road or on unsurfaced roads.

sounds very much like the car has been lowered too much effecting the camber of the wheelseffectively pushing the tops of them out other then that the strut5 is away on the shock or tyhe strut top is gone