Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1997 Ford Fiesta 1.25 Ghia Owner!

jmurray01

Hey! Well, my names Jamie Murray, I'm 14 years old and my mother owns a 1997 Ford Fiesta 1.25 Ghia with 71,500 miles on the clock and in State Blue! Soon though it will be no longer used... Till November 2012! Cos we bought a 1998 Rover 216 SLi for my mum to replace the Ford with. But when I'm 17 I'll take the Fiesta, change the cam belt, change the oil, plugs, battery and get her on the road again! She's a fantastic car and that 1.25 engine runs great, and has a good rev if you need it. That's about it! Hope to meet some other Ford lovers on here. It really is a great make! What's the difference between the Lord and a Ford ? Ford is First On Race Day, and the Lord is Last On Race Day! That's my poor attempt at a joke! Bye!

post-15085-127896665273_thumb.jpg

That was before I washed her I hasen to add!

post-15085-127896672887_thumb.jpg

Hey! Well, my names Jamie Murray, I'm 14 years old and my mother owns a 1997 Ford Fiesta 1.25 Ghia with 71,500 miles on the clock and in State Blue! Soon though it will be no longer used... Till November 2012! Cos we bought a 1998 Rover 216 SLi for my mum to replace the Ford with. But when I'm 17 I'll take the Fiesta, change the cam belt, change the oil, plugs, battery and get her on the road again! She's a fantastic car and that 1.25 engine runs great, and has a good rev if you need it. That's about it! Hope to meet some other Ford lovers on here. It really is a great make! What's the difference between the Lord and a Ford ? Ford is First On Race Day, and the Lord is Last On Race Day! That's my poor attempt at a joke! Bye!

post-15085-127896665273_thumb.jpg

post-15085-127896672887_thumb.jpg

Nice to Meet you Jamie!! Welcome to FOC, My first car was a 1997 1.25 Fiesta, however mine was orange...

Glad you joined and keep in touch with how you get your car going/changes... Start now... just dont tell your mum haha

P.s. Yeah your jokes are poor lol

Yeah I know! Haha! I will start, but just repairing the rust on the rear arches (they always seem to go on Fiesta's don't they ?).

i was quite lucky with my little fezza, but they are prone to it apparently yes! tell you something it must be ace to know youve already got a car lined up and your only 14... i didnt look til i was 18 haha

Well it is good to know! That car has a lot of sentimental value to me, and I truly love it. It will be a pleasure to fix up and drive. Even if the insurance will be £3,200 for the first few years! I would pay anything to drive that little Fiesta :) Very nice Fiesta you have yourself BTW. Wait a second... 88 posts in 10 days!? You've been busy! :lol:

mine was the 1.25 zetec and that cost 1200 for first year... i was 18, so i dont see it being that much more than that.

And thanks bud, thats all my hard earnt money spent...

• Like 1

You must have bought it at about the same time as we bought the Fiesta. We bought it in summer 2008. That's roughly when you'd have been 18, by my calculations!

Cool. How did you go from a MK4 1.25 to a MK8 1.6!?

Ah good, I like to see someone who worked for his car! Something you see not too much of these days! Am I beginning to sound like a 90 year old!? :lol:

• Like 1

Haha! Fear factor got you to save eh!?

Yeah. You don't happen to know the wages for an apprentice mechanic do you ? As all the money I'm saving for the "Fiesta-Fund" will be money I earn from working, and most of that working will be as an apprentice when I'm 16 (providing I get a job that is!)

i think it works out you earn a minimum wage (lower to normal minimum wage) of £2.50 an hour, however bear in mind, they are training you aswell, so you earn less due to that. It also made so you work 3 days a week and go to college 2 days a week (or something Similar).

Ah I see, the nearest college course for mechanics here though is over 25 miles away, oh well, gotta do what I gotta do! Are you a mechanic BTW ? Just wondering!

nah im not bud, i know some mechanics, but not a great deal.

Im in the Navy reserves (like the TA for the Navy). Im working for them full time on a contract at the minute, while i train to join the Royal Marines. So ive just returned from being in theatre for the last 8months. I go back out next monday for a few weeks apparently.

Was going to post some pics... so will do at some point.

Ah, you wouldn't catch me doing that, I'm the kinda guy who want's to stay local, but good on you for doing it!

The bonnie Moray area! Great countryside views! I live in a nice fishing village called Findochty with a stunning harbour!

And thanks bud, thats all my hard earnt money spent...

Ah good, I like to see someone who worked for his car! Something you see not too much of these days! Am I beginning to sound like a 90 year old!? :lol:

I know that feeling! Spent way too much on a car when I bought mine but had my heart set on the new style Fiesta at the time and found a reasonable deal for mine - it was a year old and had only 7,500 miles on it back in November, but eventually thought 'why not?'. Still love it, but must admit, I do prefer the dark blue as in your S1600 but at the time that wasn't an option. My last car was that colour and I think I prefer it to black.

Your MK7 is really nice. Good pose! :lol: I kinda copied you and used a snowy pic of the Fiesta for my Avatar! :)

Your MK7 is really nice. Good pose! :lol: I kinda copied you and used a snowy pic of the Fiesta for my Avatar! :)

haha, thanks! I took that back at the start of the year, but haven't really been on here much since. Have updated it now though!

I took that pic of the Fiesta at the start of the year too. Worst snow in YEARS!