Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Con hose - help needed.

BeerJammer

I have a problem I need some help with.

I have a leak in my AC pipe. The one that goes from the top of the condenser joint, curving down to the pump. The part number on the pipe is c1b1-19972-ad. On 7Zap, its listed as a 19D734A / 1767117. It was rubbing against the fan shroud and cut through, a pic of the pipe and an arrow where it wore through is bellow. 

My problem is sourcing this pipe. I cannot find none on eBay and Ford no longer make it. My car is a 1.0 ecoboost manufactured in late 2012 and this pipe was only used from 11/12 to 02/13. 

Local hydraulic\engineering companies are unable/unwilling to repair the pipe.

I bought another pipe, I tried a c1b1-19972-da (19D734A / 1822534), but the condenser coupling has a different diameter port/o-ring even though the connection looks the same externally the rest is the same.  Does anyone know if its possible and safe for me to take the coupling off my split pipe, put it on the good pipe and use jubilee clips instead of the ferrule crimps? I dont have a crimp tool and they are over £150 and I would only use it once. My mechanic said that this part of they system isnt high pressure.

Any other options than wait for one to appear on eBay or replace the condenser too? (a new condenser and pipe are quoted at £600 fitted)

IMG_20220823_160125_copy_1849x1388.jpg

The very quick answer is Do Not use jubilee clips on the hose. Parts of the AC system run at pressures over 200psi and if the hose suddenly blows off it will cause damage and may even injure someone.

• Like 1

Thanks, agraham. I am trying various local independent workshops, hoping to keep things local initially.

Mods: Can this be moved to the fiesta Club, please? I posted here by mistake.

• 9 months later...

Hello, did you find a solution for this? I have the exact same problem. Glad you noted your attempt with 1822534 which I too was about to risk and order one. @BeerJammer

On 8/24/2022 at 2:59 PM, BeerJammer said:

I have a problem I need some help with.

I have a leak in my AC pipe. The one that goes from the top of the condenser joint, curving down to the pump. The part number on the pipe is c1b1-19972-ad. On 7Zap, its listed as a 19D734A / 1767117. It was rubbing against the fan shroud and cut through, a pic of the pipe and an arrow where it wore through is bellow. 

My problem is sourcing this pipe. I cannot find none on ebay and Ford no longer make it. My car is a 1.0 ecoboost manufactured in late 2012 and this pipe was only used from 11/12 to 02/13. 

Local hydraulic\engineering companies are unable/unwilling to repair the pipe.

I bought another pipe, I tried a c1b1-19972-da (19D734A / 1822534), but the condenser coupling has a different diameter port/o-ring even though the connection looks the same externally the rest is the same.  Does anyone know if its possible and safe for me to take the coupling off my split pipe, put it on the good pipe and use jubilee clips instead of the ferrule crimps? I dont have a crimp tool and they are over £150 and I would only use it once. My mechanic said that this part of they system isnt high pressure.

Any other options than wait for one to appear on ebay or replace the condenser too? (a new condenser and pipe are quoted at £600 fitted)

IMG_20220823_160125_copy_1849x1388.jpg

Hello, did you find a solution for this? I have the exact same problem. Keen to understand the solution.

• 1 month later...

Hi, sorry. Dont check the forum very often.

I did find a solution in the end, it was a case of keeping any eye on eBay for the pipe to come up for sale. I created a saved search with the part number that was on the hose that split.  One came up and I bought it.

As an ongoing preventative measure, I attached a jubiliee clip to the replacement pipe at the point is contacts the fan shroud, to protect it against happening again.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club