Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Frozen Washer Solution

nkw2010

I found a company called HeatShot Limited who sell a heated windscreen wash system that you can fit in about 15 mins. It heats the washer fluid instantly so you can always use your wash/wipe whatever the weather. It cost £130 and it was probably the best £130 ive ever spent. Even during last winter which was probably the harshest weve had for a long time, there wasnt a single time I couldnt use my wash/wipe. It even cleared my frozen windscreen 1st thing in the morning in about a minute without me having to scrape it.

Seriously good product and well recommended.

www.heatshot.co.uk

sales@heatshot.co.uk

• Like 1

hot water - frozen screen :o

hot water - frozen screen :o

if hot water gets on the paint it will cause the paint to crack i think ill save the cash and just use decent screen wash saves 130 quid and the possibility of cracked windscreens and paint.

they say it wont crack the window yet they admit the fluid is kept at 125degrees and more screens say minus 6 then you blast instantly 125 degree water on it and it wont crack? its green and efficient yet it takes time from one squirt to the next to heat the water so what happens when you need it now and not in 20 secs or so its good in theory and since its constantly running with the ignition on it places more demands on the electrics when during the winter theres a lot of strain on it anyway with heated rear screens interior fan lights etc etc and since the element is constantly running it will burn out needing replaced yet no mention is made of this nor if it can be replaced or a new unit is needed sounds like a good idea but too flawed for my likinmg good screenwash will do the job

Do they still do those "heat exchanger" thingies - you fitted the inner bit into a radiator hose and then fitted the outer bit into the washer water pipe - like I used to use years ago when road rallying?

They say loads of testing done and doesnt get hot enough to crack windscreen or paint.

Heats water by induction heating (whatever that is!!).

All I know is that all through last winter it was great to have on the car. Didnt once have to scrape ice and never once couldnt use wash/wipe while driving because of frozen washers.

Strangely enough, ive found that it works well in summer as it gets rid of all those squashed flies and bugs that weld themselves to the windscreen!!

post-15086-127930988165_thumb.jpg

125 seams a bit hot for me, i will just stick to the built in jet defrosters on the mondeo.

They say loads of testing done and doesnt get hot enough to crack windscreen or paint.

Heats water by induction heating (whatever that is!!).

All I know is that all through last winter it was great to have on the car. Didnt once have to scrape ice and never once couldnt use wash/wipe while driving because of frozen washers.

Strangely enough, ive found that it works well in summer as it gets rid of all those squashed flies and bugs that weld themselves to the windscreen!!

post-15086-127930988165_thumb.jpg

Personally id buy one when I get my fiesta, each to their own I suppose, insurance over here covers windscreen replacement without affecting your no claims bonus, great present for the elderly drivers too, my mother for example is afraid to de-ice the car with bucket of water in the winter encase she falls on the slush, this item would be ideal as she wouldn’t have to,

The only question I have is... what way is it linked up, does it hook to the ignition switch or is it constantly fed off the battery?

I’d put a switch on the cable so I could use it only when I needed it and only, after I’ve cleared the windscreen with a bucket of water on severely icy mornings,

P.S Induction heating is a coil type element that heats the water as it passes through the pipe, more efficent than storing a back up of hot water,works like an electric shower,

A few years ago a friend of mine came up with the idea of defrosting his screen wash res, he went to TJ Hughes and bought a 12v cup warmer the one that you heat water up in a cup for a cup of tea, you know the one, anyways he bored through the res and fitted the unit and he still has it today and its still working. GENIUS and all for £6.99. :D

Thanks for the heads up on induction heating!!

It connects straight to the cars battery so only two wires to connect. There is a fuse on the positive cable to protect the car and the unit.

There are no other cables to connect and only switches on when the cars voltage rises abouve 13volts. Therefore when the engine is off so is the unit. You start the engine and when the alternator starts charging the battery the voltage rises above 13volts and the unit turns itself on.

A few years ago a friend of mine came up with the idea of defrosting his screen wash res, he went to TJ Hughes and bought a 12v cup warmer the one that you heat water up in a cup for a cup of tea, you know the one, anyways he bored through the res and fitted the unit and he still has it today and its still working. GENIUS and all for £6.99. :D

Yeh, like that idea. I think the only thing that would put me off doing it that way is that you would need to put in a switch to turn it on and off. If you forgot to turn it off it could boil the water and then crack the windcreen or melt the washer bottle if the element got too hot. I wonder if many people would be happy about drilling into their washer bottle though. I think the Heatshot system is better because it regulates the temperature of the water so it doesnt get too hot, it only takes 15 mins to fit and doesnt need to damage any part of the car to install. You could also take it off your car if you sell it and fit it to your new one.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club