Do Not Sell My Personal Information

P0000

Gymfocused
聽Share

Can anyone please she'd some light on this message?

IMAG0703.jpg

doesn't mean anything no code馃憤

So why would it be throwing up the eml? There must be something doing it surely? The car runs fine, it's just bugging me.

• Like 1

this is what's on google聽聽You don't need to panic if your car's check engine light turns on and says P0000. This code simply means thatthere is an issue with your scan tool. There's no need to take your car to the mechanic; you can safely drive it as usual. In most cases, the check engine light will turn off after a few days or weeks.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, the light just stays on. I have to reset it in forscan. Is there something wrong with the pcm then?

Both of those codes are fairly generic and can be caused by plugging in the scantool.聽 Especially if tool quality is suspect.

They can also point to a cluster fault, but I'd expect more codes if that was the case.

Does the engine start and run ok?

13 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Both of those codes are fairly generic and can be caused by plugging in the scantool.聽 Especially if tool quality is suspect.

They can also point to a cluster fault, but I'd expect more codes if that was the case.

Does the engine start and run ok?

I'm using a cable from tunnelrat along with a licensed copy of forscan. There are no issues with how the car behaves. The eml just keeps coming back on each week after a reset. I did a pcm reset today, so I'll see what happens. I'm just at a loss.

Tool should be ok then.聽 Might be worth checking if you're on the latest update of Forscan.

Sounds like there may be a poor connection in the car somewhere but that's just too vague a code to know where to start.

You could remove the clocks to check they're plugged in tightly.聽 Could also check the GEM for any dampness or loose plugs.

15 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

They can also point to a cluster fault, but I'd expect more codes if that was the case

It's true that solder joint problems are likely to throw up multiple codes, as happened on ours recently, but that's because the CANbus signals get corrupted. Maybe if it's just one or two pins carrying other signals it might cause a single spurious code.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club