Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SYNC 3 update issues

leasty

I've recently acquired a Mk4 Focus Titanium (68) and am trying to update the maps as they are way out of date (missing local A roads opened three years ago). Was showing SYNC 3 v3.3 build 19052 with F7 maps.

I used the Ford download to get the latest software (2.6GB) before it would offer me the map updates. Install went ok at the time - about 25 mins , but I couldn't get my phone to pair again, so did a Master Reset and then it paired okay. Software is now showing V3.4 build 22110. It is also showing as having the F11 maps, but they don't appear to be any newer and I had expected to have to do another update for the maps. The Ford site is now showing I have the latest software levels and won't offer any downloads. I didn't get the opportunity to upload the log file either, but I suspect it uploaded automatically via Wi-Fi as I had that enabled.

Can someone tell me how up to date the F11 maps are - specifically do they show the A1270 in Norfolk?

If as I suspect, the maps haven't updated, how can I now get the updates ?

Also what does a Master Reset actually reset as all my DAB and FM pre-sets stayed there, which I wasn't expecting.

Thanks for any guidance.

Welcome to the frustrations shared by others regarding the bluetooth issues

1 hour ago, leasty said:

specifically do they show the A1270 in Norfolk?

Norfolk is included with the supplementary F11 foreign parts maps. Click on the Tractor icon to download 🤣

On a serious note. If it says it has F11 maps then it must have down loaded them. Do you still have the USB with the maps on ?

The maps are made up of many files and you may just be unlucky and the file for your area has not loaded correctly. Ford don't have any system in place to force a reinstall which in many cases would fix lots of issues.

Try putting the following postcode in: Testos Roundabout NE35 9PF

If it looks like the picture below then you have the new F11 maps. If it just looks like a standard roundabout with the A19 stopping at the roundabout (no flyover) then you still have older maps.

NEW Testos.JPG

I know the NDR A1270 (Broadland Northway - whoever calls it that!?) is on F10 maps, and it might even have been on the F9 version , so as Unofix says, if it isnt showing then it cant have installed correctly.

The map update part of the installation takes about 2 hours, so if it didnt take this long then it certainly hasnt worked.

Thanks Unofix, but the tractor icon makes it all go even slower 😕.

If I put NE35 9PF in, it doesn't even find the roundabout I think you're referring to. If I use Testos it just finds all my local Tesco's 😃

Just to cap it all the bluetooth is now refusing to connect!

IMG_20220827_150819535_HDR (Large).jpg

• Sad 2

You havent put the full postcode in, hence why it hasnt found the right location.    If you scroll about 1km to the Southwest you will find the location which Unofix specified.

However, I think we are safe to say, it hasnt installed the F11 maps correctly - if at all.

It seems that Google is to blame for the postcode being wrong. It is actually NE36 0BG

Just tried it on my car.

DSC_0343.JPG

5 minutes ago, SgtAWilson said:

You havent put the full postcode in,

I think he probably did.

Just entered that postcode in on my car and it deleted the last two letters. I've know Idea why

Just found out that the postcode NE35 9PF is actually wrong (got it from Google maps).

Correct post code is NE36 0BG

• Like 1

My apologies then.   Hmm, well with my F11 maps the NDR is on there

Here is the Postwick junction

DSC_1034.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks Unofix and SgtAWilson.

It did just delete the last two characters of the post code when looking for the Testos Roundabout. I've tried with the NE36 0BG postcode and get the non-flyover layout. My maps also don't show the NDR (A1270) nor the Postwick junction in the correct detail, so definitely not the F11 maps.

Have just done another Master Reset and while it's still showing V3.4 Build 22110 , the maps have reverted to F7 !

I'm planning on doing some work on the car tomorrow - decent headlight bulbs, dashcam - and will leave it connected via Wi-Fi to see if does any updates on its own while I'm doing that.

Thanks again for your help.

• Like 1

Well that's kind of good news that at least it now knows it only has F7.

If things don't progress in the next day or two, it may well be time to get the F11 maps from the cyanlabs site.

• Like 3

If you need any further help @leasty just ask and im sure we will hopefully be able to steer you in the right direction.

I think id still try and go down the official Ford website update and a trusty USB stick to update the maps, before going the other route - but each to their own.

• Like 2

Thanks again both Unofix and SgtAWilson.

I'm going to give it a few days after another master reset to see if sorts itself out. I'll then try the Ford dealer I bought it from - they have been helpful in the past when I bought my wife's car from them. If still no success I'll go to Cyanlabs.

Never know, there may be a new update come out soon.

V3.4 Build 22200 is now on the CYANLABS website for download, although the maps are still F11.

• Thanks 1

Yes, I had noticed a newer Sync version was out, but obviously hasnt been put out for official release yet.

• Like 1

Well, I've some progress. Went out to the car this afternoon and when I turned the SYNC on, it was showing the wrong time, so went to set it and it immediately started downloading an update over wi-fi. I left it to do it's thing and later it was showing "installing". After power cycling the car it said "update complete" and the display showed maps at F11 . It then downloaded another update. That installed fine as well and it now wants to download yet another update, but can't sit with it this evening so will do the next one Monday morning.

Can someone give me the list of files on the F11 map update or, even better, a link to the full download? I can then see where I am in the update compared to the full download.

1759030141_IMG_20220828_165344309_HDR(Large).thumb.jpg.b1d5d184ff3ee8b3f4e2c693ec85d730.jpg1362902260_IMG_20220828_171126642_HDR(Large).thumb.jpg.27546366455c613e94b04fcdc3e8c40b.jpg

List of files in the update is as per the screenshot attached;

If you want to download the full update in one go to;

https://secure.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/

and input your VIN and hopefully should offer you the file.

SyncFolder.jpg

I find cyanlabs the best way to update software and maps. They use the exact same files as ford and create logs etc. Definitely faster than doing it over WiFi. 

• Like 1

Well, after two more updates over WiFi on Monday the system is showing V3.4 Build 22110, with the maps at F11. The maps now have the "new" roads in my area, so I'm assuming they have updated correctly. A check for updates is showing as no more updates, so I'm hoping I'm where I should be now.

I can't seem to check on the website as all I get is "Looks like something went wrong. Please try again in a few moments" and it's been like that since yesterday.

Thanks all for your help especially Unofix and SgtAWilson.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club