Do Not Sell My Personal Information

intermittent Vibration on the front passenger side and a brake issue

Earthworm

Hi. I'm not sure exactly where this noise is coming from, it sounds like its from near the front somewhere. It sort of sounds like a loose wheel but the wheel appears ok. It isn't on all the time and there's no vibration in the steering wheel. It seem to happen at lower speeds, around 20mpgh. The clutch has just been replaced by a garage and the car has only done 60000. On top of that, the brakes don't seem smooth, quite snatchy to be honest, is that normal for a Fiesta?

Thanks Corporal

Completely forgot to mention my car. It's a 2009 Fiesta Zetec with 66000 on the clock.

Quite a lot of dismantling has to be done to do the clutch. I would be worried they have forgotten to do something up tight, if that is the case it will get worse and something could suddenly come apart.  At the very least it needs jacking up at front and someone inspect behind the wheel whilst someone else is wrestling the wheel about, and also maybe needs a third person to push brake pedal down whilst this is being done. Ideally go back to the clutch fitter and tell him your concerns. Don’t ignore the problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, isetta said:

Quite a lot of dismantling has to be done to do the clutch. I would be worried they have forgotten to do something up tight, if that is the case it will get worse and something could suddenly come apart.  At the very least it needs jacking up at front and someone inspect behind the wheel whilst someone else is wrestling the wheel about, and also maybe needs a third person to push brake pedal down whilst this is being done. Ideally go back to the clutch fitter and tell him your concerns. Don’t ignore the problem.

It sort of sounded like you're driving on a flat tyre. I've checked the pressure Nd they're at 32 which I think is fine. 

could be wheel bearing...rust on the edge of the disk catching the pads (which just happend to mine) or pads sticking and needs new caliper or needs the splash shield thing on the back of the disk bent back or replaced

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OvEr_KiLL said:

could be wheel bearing...rust on the edge of the disk catching the pads (which just happend to mine) or pads sticking and needs new caliper or needs the splash shield thing on the back of the disk bent back or replaced

Thanks. Just taken it for a gentle run, around 2 miles. I noticed that it worsens when turning left but not on a slow corner. There's a road near me with a long left corner and it worsened going that way and also there definitely a noise going round a mini roundabout. I can feel a banging in the passengers footwell just on cornering.

13 hours ago, Earthworm said:

Thanks. Just taken it for a gentle run, around 2 miles. I noticed that it worsens when turning left but not on a slow corner. There's a road near me with a long left corner and it worsened going that way and also there definitely a noise going round a mini roundabout. I can feel a banging in the passengers footwell just on cornering.

take it back to the garage that did the clutch  and see what they say man 🙂

• Like 1

Right got towed to my local garage and it turned out that the place that did the clutch also replaced the large driveshaft but fitted the wrong one. New garage have replaced both and now ok.

27 minutes ago, Earthworm said:

Right got towed to my local garage and it turned out that the place that did the clutch also replaced the large driveshaft but fitted the wrong one. New garage have replaced both and now ok.

dont go to the garage who did the clutch again then 🤣🤣

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club