Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 mk7.5 radio

Simon1986

I was looking at upgrading my radio as I don't have bluetooth. The problem I'm finding is that all the Ford Sony units on eBay have two large connections on the cd unit itself and mine only has one. Can anyone shed any light on what this other socket is please? And could I still use one if I upgraded? My wiring loom doesn't have any extra connectors on it so I'm worried it's not a case of plug and play for me.

The picture I've added is my current unit.

20220831_101051.jpg

The problem is finding all parts that actually work LoL and if they do work will need coding. If they don't work you're screwed LoL Getting money back from eBay is difficult 

Well the coding isn't an issue as the mk7 and 7.5 don't have codes. The equipment is generally plug and play but the wiring is what I'm having issues with.

I've actually upgraded mine myself, but instead of getting the Sony head unit I got the standard one with the "phone" button, instead of the "Sound" button. Once I did this, I bought the bluetooth module that sits either on the back of the glovebox, or just above the back of it depending on if you have the mounting points for it on your model. 

Next was to change the interior light to the model with the microphone built in. I did this, and got a wiring loom out of a breakers yard and connected the loom to both interior lights, the sun visor lights, and the microphone. 

The issue I now have, is the loom that goes down the A Pillar (passenger side pillar) has a plug on that doesnt fit the one I already had installed, so I now need to find a way to identify where rhe cable goes, and then find the corresponding one to replace it with so that my lights and micrphone work again. 

I also changed the screen and the top radio sun protector/visor thing. These came with the stereo and I won them on eBay with the stereo for a bargain price of £30 for the lot! The wiring loom and light/micrphone was around £23.80 inc delivery. bluetooth module was around £25 ish IIRC. The new radio and screen is a lot better, as it now shows DAB channels and also shows the vehicle on the screen for my parking sensors. 

I'll be swapping the steering wheel next weekend from the model with the "M" button to the voice command version that has cruise control too. I'll update you on how this goes incase you want to do this yourself. 

18 hours ago, Simon1986 said:

Well the coding isn't an issue as the mk7 and 7.5 don't have codes. The equipment is generally plug and play but the wiring is what I'm having issues with.

You are correct. No codes are required for the radio, but if you want DAB and bluetooth I believe you need to enable this through Forscan.

35 minutes ago, Hartleys UK said:

You are correct. No codes are required for the radio, but if you want DAB and Bluetooth I believe you need to enable this through Forscan.

Thanks for the info. Did your original setup have one or two large connectors to the cd unit? It's had me slightly baffled as it seems every unit I look at online has two yet mine only has one. Is that simply because I don't have bluetooth and dab? 

On 8/31/2022 at 2:16 PM, Simon1986 said:

You are correct. No codes are required for the radio, but if you want DAB and bluetooth I believe you need to enable this through Forscan.

On 9/1/2022 at 9:08 AM, Simon1986 said:

Thanks for the info. Did your original setup have one or two large connectors to the cd unit? It's had me slightly baffled as it seems every unit I look at online has two yet mine only has one. Is that simply because I don't have Bluetooth and dab? 

I believe mine had 2 but I will double check today and send you some pictures. I havent fully setup my bluetooth and DAB as of yet, I still need the wiring loom for the bluetooth module and to connect the loom that goes to the microphone/interior roof lights so that I can use the hands free. But the phone/Bluetooth settings are there, but they just mute the stereo because I havent enabled it. Once the loom is fitted I believe its going to just need enabling on Forscan. Once I've done this, if you're nearby my area I'm more than happy to give you a hand with this. 

Just checked my old stereo, it has 1 for the front stereo controls, 1 for the cd player part, 1 aerial port, 1 usb/aux port connector. 

Unfortunately i cant upload the photos as the files are too large (taken on my S22 Ultra). Have you got an email I can send them to? If you have drop me a DM and I'll send them across. 😊

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club