Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many 1998 GT Fastbacks 5-speed with a 4.6L V8 engine are still out there?

60s chick

I have one and it is beautiful.  I wondered how many more are still being driven/shown?  

• 11 months later...

I know this is an old thread. But, I know this one ,approximately.

I had A 1998 Mustang GT. Ford built 28,789 hardtop and 17,024 convertibles with the GT package. The take rate for manual transmissions was roughly four out of ten for the hardtop. I've never seen any actual production totals for transmission type. Ford data is given in percentages. Today, the take rate is said to be 27% for manual transmissions in Mustang.

How many are "extant" today is difficult to determine. Many Mustangs are destroyed or used up in the first ten years of ownership. A fair number of them are put away for one reason or another and simply disappear from the rolls of registered vehicles. So, they do exist but they become elusive until the owner decides that they don't want it anymore. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club