Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poor Fuel Consumption

Russell

hello, anyone give me some idea if ive bought a wrong un? i have got the face lift model tdci 140 zetec. up to press i have gained an average of 33.7 mpg in the thing and that includes a good trip out on motorways up to brid from leeds ect... i don't have a lead foot so it has been driven with care. i got the car with 8 miles on the clock and now done 700, so i thought now it would of sorted itself out. but no!!! any advic would be welcome please

the mpg is low and it could be many things which could be causing it, i would get back to the dealer while its still under warrenty.these are the mpg you should be getting

Urban Fuel

37.2 mpg

Extra Urban

57.6 mpg

Combined

47.9 mpg

many thanks, where did you get that info from please, ive got it booked in on friday so i can throw that info in there faces if they try to fob me off

• 6 months later...

I'm getting 32mpg off my 2.5T petrol! There's definately something wrong with your tractor!

• 2 weeks later...

I also have same problem abd driving an s-max 163 powershift and only averging 27 Mpg. Had the car from new and done 3000 miles. Has anyone had this problem sorted, thanks

TECHNICAL service BULLETIN No.64/2010

07 October 2010

[Printable HTML page]

Circulate to: service Manager Body Shop Manager Parts Manager Foremen Receptionists Technicians

© Ford Motor Company

All rights reserved.

This bulletin represents technical service information only. Without exception all gratis repairs and replacements are subject to the individual warranty and policy procedures of the supervisory Ford Company. The illustrations, technical information, data and descriptive text in this issue, to the best of our knowledge, were correct at the time of publication.

Subject/Concern: Poor driveability and high fuel consumption

Model:

Mondeo 2007.5 (02/2007–) - with 149 kW (203 PS) only Build Date: 15.03.2010-15.08.2010

Build Code: AS-AP

Assembly Plant: Genk

Engine: 2.0L EcoBoost (MI4)

Transmission/Transaxle: (6DCT450)

S-MAX/Galaxy 2006.5 (03/2006–) - with 149 kW (203 PS) only Build Date: 15.03.2010-15.08.2010

Build Code: AS-AP

Assembly Plant: Genk

Engine: 2.0L EcoBoost (MI4)

Transmission/Transaxle: (6DCT450)

Markets: All

Section: 307-01

Summary

Should a customer express concern about poor driveability and high fuel consumption, the probable cause is the calibration of the Transmission Control Module (TCM) and the Powertrain Control Module (PCM).

For markets where FordEtis IDS is used, connect FordEtis IDS and select the appropriate symptoms from the concern descriptions above. Follow the FordEtis IDS instructions to rectify this concern and send any related diagnostic feedback session files. Failure to follow these instructions will affect any associated warranty claim submission.

For markets where FordEtis IDS is not available, rectify this concern by following the attached service repair instruction.

• NOTE: Use IDS 69.03 DVD or a later version.

• NOTE: Before commencing module configuration or programming, connect the vehicle battery to a suitable external power supply in order to maintain a constant battery voltage throughout the procedure. For detailed information refer to TSB 62/2007.

To rectify this concern, a revised calibration for the TCM and the PCM must be installed.

Labor Times published in this TSB are available from 18.10.2010 onwards. Please refresh your Labor Master file at that day to receive the new data in your Dealer Management System. Please contact your internal system administrator.

Labor Time

Operation Description Operation No. / Time

IDS - Vehicle Connection/Communication (Includes select customer symptoms, reading and deleting fault codes in FordEtis IDS) 29 099 0

IDS - TCM Module - Reprogram additional 710011C64

IDS - PCM Module - Reprogram 29 120 5

IDS - Read/Delete DTCs (Not in conjunction with Symptom Based Diagnostic) 29 099 4

Repair/Claim Coding

Causal Part: 29254 PCM or 35150 TCM

ACES Condition Code: 04

OASIS 622000

Production Action

An updated calibration for the TCM and PCM has been introduced into production since 16.08.2010 (build code AP).

Service Instruction

See Summary.

For markets where FordEtis IDS is used, connect FordEtis IDS and select the appropriate symptoms from the concern descriptions above. Follow the FordEtis IDS instructions to rectify this concern.

NOTE: The warranty claims payment system will expect an RVC with any related warranty claim to avoid possible claim rejection.

For markets where FordEtis IDS is not available, follow the service repair instruction below:

IDS - TCM And PCM - Reprogram

1. Connect IDS portable diagnostic unit to the vehicle and establish communication (VID the vehicle).

Confirm the vehicle details are correct.

2. Check for any stored Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs).

3. Clear any stored DTCs.

4. NOTE: Before commencing module configuration or programming, connect the vehicle battery to a suitable external power supply in order to maintain a constant battery voltage throughout the procedure. For detailed information refer to TSB 62/2007.

• NOTE: Use IDS 69.03 DVD or a later version.

Reprogram the TCM and PCM using IDS.

Select the <Toolbox> tab at the top of the screen.

Select <Modul Newprogramming>, <Module Reprogramming> and then <TCM>.

• Press the tick.

• Follow the further instructions from IDS and confirm.

Select <Modul Newprogramming>, <Module Reprogramming> and then <PCM>.

• Press the tick.

• Follow the further instructions from IDS and confirm.

5. Disconnect IDS from the vehicle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

i have just taken delivery of brand new 2.0 tdci power shift and so far achieving similar numbers to you - shi*

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club