Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Dealer deals

The Latman
聽Share

Hey folks,

Looking to get a Mustang from a dealer, how open are they to negotiations?聽 聽I know a few years ago, Ford dealers were the best for deals, however with the situation the world is in, I'm just testing the water before I go and make an ***** of myself 馃檪

Cheers,

Lat

Are you looking at new or approved used?聽 Paid outright or finance?

My own experience has been that main dealers aren't interested in negotiations.聽 And are even less interested in buying outright.聽聽

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

And are even less interested in buying outright.聽聽

Same here. Barely seem to get a flicker of interest when I walk into a showroom anyway these days, and even that soon disappears when I say I'm not interested in a finance scam (sorry, plan).

• Sad 1

I would say you'd make a $%^& of yourself if you DON'T at least try to get a deal.

Nothing to lose by trying. They're not going to refuse to sell a car to you just because they didn't like you making them an insulting offer in the first instance.

You may find there is scope for negotiation on the price of your part ex, if you're doing that.

I always used to get a quote from one dealer and then go around 4 or 5 more dealers with that quote to see what they can do.

The Mustang though, within Ford and definitely within dealers, is a "do you want it or not" car, I doubt there's much marketing support, if any.聽

• Like 1

7 hours ago, alanfp said:

I would say you'd make a $%^& of yourself if you DON'T at least try to get a deal.

Nothing to lose by trying. They're not going to refuse to sell a car to you just because they didn't like you making them an insulting offer in the first instance.

You may find there is scope for negotiation on the price of your part ex, if you're doing that.

Absolutely. No harm in trying, or going armed with quotes from the likes of Car Wow etc.

But its a far cry nowadays from the time when dealers had a 15 to 17.5% margin to play with. There seems to be very little on offer unless its a manufacturer promotion (usually tied to a finance deal) or you're lucky enough to find a cancelled order or something they need to sell/register by a certain date because of forthcoming legislation, etc.

• Like 1

There are (were?) decent finance deals to be had, but I wouldn't class those as negotiations.

For my own Mk4, I used Ford finance with 0% APR and got a 拢1000 finance contribution.聽 Theoretically, I could have then paid off the finance a couple of weeks later to own the car outright, but with 拢1000 off of the RRP.聽聽

I don't think Ford are offering that any more though, and I'm not sure the Mustang was part of the deal anyway.聽 The VW finance was around 5% APR and didn't offer the flexibility that I needed, which is why I ended up with another Ford.聽 Of course, in hindsight that wasn't the best option, but we live and learn...or in my case, continue to make the same mistakes repeatedly. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks all, I guess all I can do is go along and see what I can do.聽 To be honest, Id take whatever good deal I could get 馃檪

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club