Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How to blank EGR?

Darkstar

Hi! 

My car is a Ford mondeo 2012 1,6tdci with 115hp. 

I want to blank the egr but im not exaktly sure how to do it. Is there any tutorial avalible where to put the blankingplate? cant find any info on the internet, i guess the 1,6tdci is too rare or something.

i would appreciente it SO mutch if i could get any help.

• Like 1

The shape of the EGR on the 8v 1.6 TDCI makes it very difficult to blank.

Is there something wrong with it?  These were much more reliable than the older type on the 16v engine.

• Like 1

The egr gets stuck in open and close position (according to obd2) and the car has no power, goes in to limpmode.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Darkstar said:

The egr gets stuck in open and close position (according to obd2) and the car has no power, goes in to limpmode.  

In that case, blanking it won't help.  The PCM will still detect that it's sticking and trigger limp mode.  You'll either need to replace it or have it mapped out.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

In that case, blanking it won't help.  The PCM will still detect that it's sticking and trigger limp mode.  You'll either need to replace it or have it mapped out.

Yes. I will map it so the engine will work properly. But where does the plug/s go?

307721385_1460632904403755_5907873880338164556_n.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Darkstar said:

But where does the plug/s go?

307721385_1460632904403755_5907873880338164556_n.jpg

You'd have to put the blanking plate in where you can see the flat brown gaskets on that diagram.  I'd guess the right hand one would be easiest.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

You'd have to put the blanking plate in where you can see the flat brown gaskets on that diagram.  I'd guess the right hand one would be easiest.

Ah ok i will try that 🙂 do i need a extra gasket to get it sealed properly or is it enough with the plate?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Darkstar said:

Ah ok i will try that 🙂 do i need a extra gasket to get it sealed properly or is it enough with the plate?

It would be best to use a gasket each side but most people don't bother.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

It would be best to use a gasket each side but most people don't bother.

Thank you for the help 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't blanking the EGR just put the EML permanently on? It def used to happen on my Mk1 Focus TDDI which was even more of a PITA than cleaning the EGR once a year.

On 9/21/2022 at 12:31 PM, TomsFocus said:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club