Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can't change direction of air flow

asimpledeveloper

Hi everybody!

I've got a Ford Fiesta 2015 and ....as you can read in the topic title, I can't change the direction of air flow... I can rotate the controls, but .... no change.

I've disassembled everything and I found a blue cable that is not connected. But .... how and where I've to connnect it?

Thank you

IMG_20220917_181516.jpeg

I am not going to explain this well at all so apologies in advanced but... 

There are 3 moving dials, one for speed, one for direction and one for temperature, the easiest way to determine where that cable has come from is to turn the dial when the panel is off and you'll see what that dial is turning... Awful explanation I know but basically the dial you're turning will move another part on the back of the panel which will in turn pull or push that cable. 

• Confused 1

@unofixI did warn the OP my explanation was confusing! Let me try summarising it.

With the panel off

Move the dial

See what moves on the back of the panel 

That's where the cable goes, when it happened on mine, I had to unplug the other end of the cable in order to get the control panel end to reconnect. 

• Thanks 1

As I understand it, the OP knows which cable it is (blue) and they know which knob operates it. However the cable has become detached, (maybe some plastic bracket or clip has broke) and they can't see where or how the cable reattaches.

What they really need is a photo of the same system with the blue cable attached to the correct location.

👍

• Like 1

On 9/23/2022 at 4:38 PM, asimpledeveloper said:

I've disassembled everything and I found a blue cable that is not connected. But .... how and where I've to connnect it?

I don't know if I'm misreading this (long day) but it seems OP doesn't know where the cable goes so by moving the dial whilst looking at the rear of the panel, it'll be easy to determine where it goes. 

1 minute ago, BP2411 said:

but it seems OP doesn't know where the cable goes so by moving the dial whilst looking at the rear of the panel, it'll be easy to determine where it goes. 

That is correct, the OP does not know where the blue cable is supposed to be connect to.

I can't see how moving the dial whilst looking at the rear of the panel will help. All they will see is the end of the blue cable moving (shown in the photo), it won't help the OP find the point (which might be broken or missing) that the cable should attach.

The (ball) end of the blue cable in the picture goes in the back of the control panel, that's where it's come from, by moving the dial, it'll show exactly where to reattach it but I think the other end (usually a metal loop) needs to be detached first to enable the ball end to go back in the panel 

18 hours ago, unofix said:

As I understand it, the OP knows which cable it is (blue) and they know which knob operates it. However the cable has become detached, (maybe some plastic bracket or clip has broke) and they can't see where or how the cable reattaches.

What they really need is a photo of the same system with the blue cable attached to the correct location.

👍

Exactly, it would be perfect. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BP2411 said:

The (ball) end of the blue cable in the picture goes in the back of the control panel, that's where it's come from, by moving the dial, it'll show exactly where to reattach it but I think the other end (usually a metal loop) needs to be detached first to enable the ball end to go back in the panel 

Hey, thanks for your reply!

So: I've tried to  insert the end of the blue cable in the point marked by the arrow (of the first screenshot that I'm attaching). But: no changes. The air flow doesn't change. Maybe the control panel is broken?

Another question: do you know where that cable is connected? 

IMG_20220925_180600.jpg

As well as anchoring the ball end you also need to secure the cable outer somewhere on the control panel otherwise there is no 'pull' on the inner. That trough on the protrusion in the dead centre of the piscure looks like it should hold something - like the outer of a cable maybe? Has the anchoring point for the outer broken?

As agraham said, the outer part of the wire also has to be secured to enable the inner (ball) part to be pulled, at the end of the cable, in the picture you can just about see the white plastic clip, that also needs to be clipped into the rear of the panel. 

Hi everybody!

I've found the zone where the blue cable is attached (as you can see in the photo). But, I don't understand how I can deattach it... 

There is no space to unscrew. 

IMG_20220927_171554.jpeg

Bare in mind I'm terrible at explaining but I'll try my best! 

At the end of the cable where the hoop goes over the pin, you need to press the sides of the pin in to allow the hoop to lift, the screw you've pointed to can definitely be removed as I've done it on my car, but you should be able to unclip the cable from the white holder. 

Can you post a picture of the ball end of the cable, because if the clip that holds it to the panel is snapped you'll need a new cable. 

• 3 months later...

Hello, and sorry for the delay in the response. My child is born 😃.

Today I've "unlocked" the cable from its hoop (without unclip the cable from white holder), so I can "get" more cable.

Here it is a picture of the "front-end" of the air conditioning, where you can see the "blue cable". 

In the second picture, you can see that the blue cable has "a white plastic piece", that I don't understand where it was linked.

IMG_20230110_160840.jpg

IMG_20220925_180600.jpg

32 minutes ago, asimpledeveloper said:

My child is born 😃.

Congratulations!

• Like 2

Congratulations on the baby! Can you take a photo showing more of the cable, the white plastic piece may be damaged and if so the cable will need replacing. 

I suspect that the cable is bent and needs to be straight. With that in mind, look carefully for a witness mark on the plastic to find the clip location.

Hi everybody and thanks for you replies.

Here you can find two photos of the cable from the "other side".

IMG_20230113_155755.jpg

IMG_20230113_155817.jpg

We need a photo of the other end of the cable (the control panel side) showing the white clip but I'm pretty sure the cable shouldn't be bent and possibly the white retaining clip is broken. 

• 3 weeks later...

I think I've just figured out how that cable is meant to be attached. I'm not sure if it is supposed to have a bend in the end but it would easy straighten out if needs be.

Do you know how it goes or do you want me to try and explain ?

You need a new cable, it shouldn't have a bend and that white clip shouldn't be snapped. 

On 2/5/2023 at 11:59 PM, unofix said:

I think I've just figured out how that cable is meant to be attached. I'm not sure if it is supposed to have a bend in the end but it would easy straighten out if needs be.

Do you know how it goes or do you want me to try and explain ?

+Mmm... could you please to try to explain? Maybe I can understand...

On 2/6/2023 at 3:34 PM, BP2411 said:

You need a new cable, it shouldn't have a bend and that white clip shouldn't be snapped. 

Ok, where I can buy it?

Shoud I buy the entire control panel? 

You don't need a new control panel, just the cable itself, when I replaced mine I got it from eBay

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club