Do Not Sell My Personal Information

oil

micky1

How long ago was the vehicle serviced last (including oil change)? If it was almost a year ago/ a year ago, then that indicator is saying your oil life is near the end not from mileage but from age

• Like 1

Your profile says 2021 but 20 reg is March - August 2020.

service interval is 18k miles or 2 years maximum so a 20 plate is overdue for service

5 minutes ago, micky1 said:

and v5 says feb 2021

So the 1st service will be due in Feb 2023. 

I'd wait personally, I reckon the oil life will still be above 10% by then.

All services are time based.Whichever comes first,mileage OR time.But saying that, I would do it @ least annually. 18k is far to long.Oil & filters are cheap, engines are not.Oil is the lifeblood of any car. I have just had mine changed, just under a year since last change.Car only has covered about 6,000kms.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Hackney said:

All services are time based.Whichever comes first,mileage OR time.But saying that, I would do it @ least annually. 18k is far to long.Oil & filters are cheap, engines are not.Oil is the lifeblood of any car. I have just had mine changed, just under a year since last change.Car only has covered about 6,000kms.

Especially if it's an Ecoboost!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Why is it a 20 reg. Is it a grey import?

I'd put money on it being a '70 reg... :wink: 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, micky1 said:

v5 says feb 2021

It has to be a '70' reg, it cant be a '20'

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, micky1 said:

sorry its a 70 reg

If it's 2 years old, it needs a proper Ford dealer 1st service or your resale value / warranty will be affected

21 hours ago, micky1 said:

thanks roger wonder how much a ford dealer will charge for a oil change?

Recently one Ford dealer quoted me £265, another £235.

22 hours ago, micky1 said:

thanks roger wonder how much a ford dealer will charge for a oil change?

Now we've established its a 2021, as others say, you need a 2 year service in February, not just an oil change (though tbh it's not much more than that), to preserve your warranty.

• Like 1

When it comes to oil, Id recommend disregarding the service interval that ford say and do it yearly, oil and a filter are far cheaper to replace than an engine that has oil starvation issues due to blocked passages, or increased wear due to oil ageing. Oil after 2 years in an engine even if that car hasn't done big mileage is not great as by 2 years most of the stabilisers and detergents in the oil have either been consumed or have become ineffective 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Neb_engineer said:

When it comes to oil, Id recommend disregarding the service interval that ford say and do it yearly, oil and a filter are far cheaper to replace than an engine that has oil starvation issues due to blocked passages, or increased wear due to oil ageing. Oil after 2 years in an engine even if that car hasn't done big mileage is not great as by 2 years most of the stabilisers and detergents in the oil have either been consumed or have become ineffective 

Absolutely.Oil & filters are cheap, a blown engine is not.Oil & filter should be changed around the 10,000km mark or twelve months whichever comes first.

• Like 4

2,500 miles in two years is extremely low mileage and suggests short trips where the engine never gets chance to warm up, cold starts, long periods of disuse, etc, where condensation can build up and degrade the oil, so annual oil changes would certainly be recommended.

My mileage is pretty low nowadays (though still much higher than that) and I get a "deal" at my local dealer when combining the annual "convenience check" with an oil and filter change. Plus, assuming your dealer participates, you get 12 months breakdown cover at a Ford dealer.

10 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

2,500 miles in two years is extremely low mileage and suggests short trips where the engine never gets chance to warm up, cold starts, long periods of disuse, etc, where condensation can build up and degrade the oil, so annual oil changes would certainly be recommended.

My mileage is pretty low nowadays (though still much higher than that) and I get a "deal" at my local dealer when combining the annual "convenience check" with an oil and filter change. Plus, assuming your dealer participates, you get 12 months breakdown cover at a Ford dealer.

This is why we have our oil changed every 6 months with it being diesel and short trips.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club