Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glove box light and stop start

Ecosport2019

I should put this on the fiesta forum aswell as i believe it has the same glove box switch.

So when i purchased my used ecosport the glove box switch was broken so i disconnected it.

Anyway i had issues with the tcm so ford replaced it under the used car warranty. I thought I would purchase a new switch for the glove box at the same time.

After having the tcu replaced the stop start stopped working l, I just excepted the fact that there was some software gremlin in there and ingored it.

Anyhow i unlocked the car friday and for whatever reason the interior light was switched off, allowing me to see a faint glow in the glove box!...

I immediately opened the glove box and the bulb was cold. I assume the light is staying on but has a time out built into the bcm so it doesnt completely run the battery down.

after disconnecting the switch my stop start has now worked all weekend.

What I don't understand is there is no distortion in the glove box, the switch is new and pressed all the way in to the housing, yet the switch doesnt physically get pushsd all the way in, there doesn't appear to be any adjustment. I appreciate I can modify this to get it to work but i can't see why it doesnt operate as it should.

I was just wondering if anyone has had the same issue.

2 hours ago, Ecosport2019 said:

I was just wondering if anyone has had the same issue.

Not exactly but I have had an issue with a similar Spring Switch on a Clutch pedal that was playing up.

It felt that it was working correctly from the outside but was not switching on and off when it should. It wasn't until I took it apart that I saw that the Spring had broken near one end and the broken bit was making contact when it shouldn't, so maybe the new switch is faulty.

4 hours ago, Ecosport2019 said:

was just wondering if anyone has had the same issue.

It's a known fault on the Focus Mk4 glovebox that the switch does not get depressed enough to keep the light off.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, unofix said:

It's a known fault on the Focus Mk4 glovebox that the switch does not get depressed enough to keep the light off.

You need to show it some government press releases - next slide please...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, unofix said:

Oh ok, thanks for the heads up.

At least I know that I have to modify it myself or leave it unplugged.

I suppose i could always leave a little tealight in there for the mrs!😁

• Haha 2