Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 update problems

AndyP1957

Finally got round to updating Sync 3

The installation in car went smoothly and completed successfully

Cannot get the Ford uk website to accept the Log File though for their records.

Followed all the troubleshooting to get a new log file (three times tried) and still it rejects

The card is correctly formatted as ex-format. I downloaded the interrogator files from Ford to generate a new xml file

Anyone any ideas what should try next or can I just ignore it.

ALSO how do you get updated maps for the SatNav

thanks

Hi - each time I get

Sorry, error, try again later!

I have reformatted the usb stick each time between attempts

I'm wondering if there could be a more updated version of the update and, the fact that I have used one I downloaded 3 or 4 months ago is the problem

The filesystem format only affects getting it started in the car. It will not affect being able to upload the XML.

You say you've tried the interrogator file from the troubleshooting section, so that should rule out a problem with an old update.

Have you tried a different web browser?

good idea will just try again with different browser 

Usually use Chrome so this time tried Edge but got same error

Going back to my earlier thought about a newer update, just decided to download the latest one and it is much larger in size than the previous at 3.3gb appx zipped archive

ok this is getting weird - the latest update I downloaded just now installed fine - still did not work.

I have matters showing

sync 3   v3.4

BUILD  22110_PRODUCT            earlier this was 211094          so this was another update

Maps stayed same at F8

It's still saying an error when you upload with the new XML?

I assume your VIN is correct? The VIN is in the name of the XML.

Yes, the VIN is correct the V5, matches to the prepared xml file

Just tried the Interrogator on this second update, and still get the error message

Just a thought the error message says "try again later " wonder if the website is the problem

Sounds more like Fords end than yours if you have a XML file created correctly on the USB.

You could always try and connect your car to your WiFi, which will then send the relevant information to Ford that way. 

• Like 1

not too sure how to link that in but will certainly investigate this

starting to think must be their end on the website as cannot even get to the section getting error message not available a problem has been reported

weird using your link instead of the one I bookmarked yesterday got in ok - still showing error message though for the xml file - sorry, error, tryagain later!     is the exact wording

I think so as to totally eliminate my computers two browsers, I tried using my phone to upload the file and still wouldnt work

So frustrating as cannot get access to an up todate map file - my current one is F8 which has been there since purchased in 2020

Can anyone confirm the current software build and map number 

I've been trying to upload an XML file for a few weeks, but get the error everytime.

I tried to contact Ford via the website but all I got was a message back to contact my dealer.

A27A0125-DDCD-48E0-B0F8-CCF3501C88F4.jpeg

On a 2020 (70) plate Focus, using official Ford update - my software build is:  Sync 3.4 - 22110_product  and maps: F11

• Like 1

I have updated maps which was successful but as your problem the ford web site will not accept my upload. I get the same fault as you 

"sorry, error, try again later"

Will try again later Cheers Steve

Cheers Sgt, that confirms I have the right system update installed, just need the maps to go from 8 to 11

I've emailed them re the problem and also pointed to this thread

I have asked that as my update for the system is correct can they sort it so I can download the Maps, alternatively to email the file to me

Watch this space !

11 minutes ago, AndyP1957 said:

I've emailed them re the problem and also pointed to this thread

I have asked that as my update for the system is correct can they sort it so I can download the Maps, alternatively to email the file to me

Watch this space !

Check your messages 😉

On 10/20/2022 at 3:29 PM, AndyP1957 said:

Finally got round to updating Sync 3

The installation in car went smoothly and completed successfully

Cannot get the Ford uk website to accept the Log File though for their records.

Followed all the troubleshooting to get a new log file (three times tried) and still it rejects

The card is correctly formatted as ex-format. I downloaded the interrogator files from Ford to generate a new xml file

Anyone any ideas what should try next or can I just ignore it.

ALSO how do you get updated maps for the SatNav

thanks

Once it accepts the update of the sync software it will release the sat nav map update. It won't release the map update until the software has been updated.

Might be an idea to reformat your USB stick/card and try the software update again. The log won't create until the car has been switched off and locked then left for at least 2 minutes then unlocked and restarted. The USB stick/card must remain in place until after the lock /restart process. 

The map update is almost 32GB in size. I've downloaded it but not installed yet as they say it can take up to 90 minutes to install. 

Hi JoJo had tried the update 3 times with fully formatted different sticks and not quick formatting either.

I'm happy the update is successful from what someone else confirmed elsewhere in this thread, when checking it to my current version in the car

Certainly a large update, the system one took me about 30 minutes so guess eventually 90 minutes could well be expected in due course