Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 update problems

AndyP1957

My software update took about 25 minutes to complete. Just waiting for a planned long drive to update the maps 

I had all this  so went to the dealer they had the same so in the work shop for a hour then told it's the modern in the car not giving the right information to the usb  And need to have New one fitted .

I updated sync 3.4 to build 22110 on August 1st. Still not been offered M11 maps. Ford tell me the update could be released early next year. I know lots of owners who installed M11 maps months ago. Very frustrating.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Rizmo said:

I updated sync 3.4 to build 22110 on August 1st. Still not been offered M11 maps. Ford tell me the update could be released early next year. I know lots of owners who installed M11 maps months ago. Very frustrating.

Did you upload your log file from your USB to the Ford website?  If so, then after 24 hours, you should be offered the F11 map update.

Uploaded the xml file which was accepted. 3 months later no M11 map update available.

Just recreated an XML file this morning using the troubleshooting download and still get the same "sorry, error, try again later".

Ford UK have said contact dealer. Dealer wasn't particularly helpful and want to charge £84 to run a diagnostics on the car to advise what the problem is.

Asked if it was covered by warrenty and they say not unless they find a fault.

Car is showing as Version 3.4, Build: 22110_PRODUCT. Maps are at F10.

52 minutes ago, Jeffas said:

Just recreated an XML file this morning using the troubleshooting download and still get the same "sorry, error, try again later".

Ford UK have said contact dealer. Dealer wasn't particularly helpful and want to charge £84 to run a diagnostics on the car to advise what the problem is.

Asked if it was covered by warrenty and they say not unless they find a fault.

Car is showing as Version 3.4, Build: 22110_PRODUCT. Maps are at F10.

You need to find another dealer. 

17 hours ago, Rizmo said:

Uploaded the xml file which was accepted. 3 months later no M11 map update available.

Rizmo, you do know the score here (discussed elsewhere) . You have to go to your dealer and get them to contact Ford because the issue is with the Ford servers. Its not going to fix itself. I had exactly the same issue and after my dealer contacted Ford, they did something on their system which immediately allowed F11 maps to be available to me.

Jeffas, go back to Ford, forget the dealer and don't be put off. If the dealer can't claim from Ford they are either not interested or want to rip you off. Maybe try another dealer first.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rizmo said:

Jeffas, go back to Ford, forget the dealer and don't be put off. If the dealer can't claim from Ford they are either not interested or want to rip you off. Maybe try another dealer first.

Rizmo, whats the best way to contact ford? Last time I tried the UK Customer Relationship Centre at UKCRC1@ford.com

• Like 2

That is the email address I use. They always respond and you have hard copies unlike phone calls. I'll post on here when they give me a definitive answer.

Another couple of reasons I use email when contacting Ford. I'm a bit deaf and sometimes I just can't understand the accents.

Ok having started this thread, its time to update my own situation

1. I obtained a copy from someone who had installed Map #11, put it on a USB stick and it installed with no problem - so thats the system and map up todate in my car

2. At the outset I contacted Ford UK with full details of what I had tried, and all references - what a waste of time

I had a Case Person appointed who only works 2 days a week and continually until last week asked same questions over and over again, in the end I said I refuse to do all this again the fault is your end

She then advised the UK technicians could not solve it so passed it to technicians in the USA

I was asked to provide photos of the screen showing the versions installed and updated (again what I provided at the outset)

Twice they asked me to resend them as they could not open them  - I pointed out JPGs are a wordwide stable format of image so no excuse accepted, and that the XML file was created by the Car interface

They then came back and said its the XML file they cannot read, can I resend it or convert it to something they can read

You can imagine the response I have sent about this latest request

It needs to be sorted as otherwise future updates will not be offered - it seems they refuse to look at their website

With reference to my local dealer - I am already in dispute with them over several instances of misselling and servicing, which is now with the Ombudsman and my next nearest dealer would involve a 140 mile appx round trip

I have driven Fords all my driving life which is now approaching 50 years of driving - this is abysmal how they are dealing with myself

• Like 2

UPDATE TO LAST POST

For curiosity I went onto the Ford site to see if my XML file created weeks ago would work - this time it said Update successful - so now waiting to see if Maps update appears

So problem definitely their end

Got in touch via the live chat on fords website and explained. They’ve asked me for photos of screen and a copy of the XML to pass to the technical team to update the system manually. 
I’ve sent the info so see if I hear anything back from them. 

• Haha 2

sounds like the response I had - see above

Inspite of successfully uploading my original xml file still no option to download maps

Still no map updates for me. As I said earlier Sync update 1st August and xml file accepted. 3 months later....nothing. Ford still looking into it.

Just had a response from Ford see below. I’ll leave it the 7 days and try again. 

Good afternoon,

I have passed your email on to our technical team who will raise this with our sync help desk to solve the issue. I would advise trying again in 7 working days. 

If the issue is still occurring please let us know. 
  • Haha 1

RESULT

Just had email back from Customer Support and a Technician they advise has sorted the website problem

Went into it and sure enough the Maps option is ready for me to download, and it also confirms that my sync update is correct

Suggest anyone still not sorted to give it another go

• Like 1

Well @AndyP1957 that is a great result!   (Dont think the normal Ford dealers would have ever got to the bottom of it.)

Just checked mine and although it says I no longer need the base software update, the F11 maps is not available. 
I’ve emailed them again asking to check why this is. 

F11 map update finally available. Tried to install 3 times. ERRO1 comes up every time. Ford are back on the case.

On 11/9/2022 at 8:21 PM, SgtAWilson said:

Well @AndyP1957 that is a great result!   (Dont think the normal Ford dealers would have ever got to the bottom of it.)

My local dealer wouldnt they are always rude to people in my experience after a vehicle has been purchased

On 11/10/2022 at 4:55 PM, Rizmo said:

F11 map update finally available. Tried to install 3 times. ERRO1 comes up every time. Ford are back on the case.

when you tried to install it how far into the install did you get

Was the maps file in the root directory of your memory card