Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

What has happened to the Halfords discount card?

StephenFord

I've always had dramas at Halfords anyway.

Most of them  can't count past 10 without removing their shoes & socks.

Expecting them to work out 15% is a long stretch.

If I'm bored I'll park up at my local store and watch them trying to swap someone's bulbs or Wiper Blades, always makes me laugh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15% is easy to work out, take 10% and halve the result which will be the 5%, add the two together which gives you the 15%. Then take away from the original price.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, eddie eastwood said:

15% is easy to work out, take 10% and halve the result which will be the 5%, add the two together which gives you the 15%. Then take away from the original price.

Yep, for us oldies, doing maths in our heads is easy as we were taught properly at school. It never ceases to amaze me how often I pick up shop till errors as I can easily add up a basketful of shopping (approximately) to the nearest 50p, so know instantly when an error has been made by  the shop trying to scam me - they make a fortune from ringing through errors that customers never pick up. Lidl & Home Bargains are the worst for ringing through 'reduced' items incorrectly...

• Like 1

I remember a man that once offered me a 17 and a half % discount but he could not find his calculator to work it out. I showed him how to do the 15% one and to just devide the 5% by half to get the discount sum.

8 minutes ago, eddie eastwood said:

I remember a man that once offered me a 17 and a half % discount but he could not find his calculator to work it out. I showed him how to do the 15% one and to just devide the 5% by half to get the discount sum.

No one likes a show off... LOL 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

About the only plus side of VAT going up to 20% is the ease of calculating it quickly in your head!  (Divide by 10 then double it).  Was 17.5% when I was at school.

Must admit nowadays I generally just use this percentage calculator - Percentage Calculator

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Was 17.5% when I was at school.

That must make you one of the youngest members on this forum 🤣

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, iantt said:

8% when I was at school 

Me too, so, you worked out 10%, then divide by 5, then subtracted (the 2%) from the 10% LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club