Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Econetic Mpg

Porky7

Hi all , i'm new here & was wondering what mileage are you getting on average on 1 of these 1.6 tdci Econetic Mk7s Fiesta's,

are the claims anywhere near what they predict - as this is normally rolling road figures,

i do a fair bit of gentle Motorway driving all week & currently get 52/58 mpg out of my diesel 1.3.

i am trying to decide on this or a Seat Ibiza 1.6 Ecomotive,

i know the Fiesty has no spare wheel - whereas the Seat does - all about saving weight,

so could you also help me out with the pro s & cons of ownership you have come across with the Ford

(last Ford i owned was a 1976 Cortina mk4)

Thanks all.

ps:sorry if this has been asked before

the fiesta iss a great car but still sufer from over firm rides , our standard 1.4 tdci does 70 mpg on a tank of fuel , but no i dear about the econetic, but if i were 2 get an eco diesel espicially for the moterway it would have to a be a golf blue motion , thy are very low geared so very economicall on the moterway, and in a recent autoexpress mag i got it was much more economical thn the 2 supermini eco diesels ( seat ibiza ecomotive and citroen c3 )and it much more powerfull , also the new golf is very very refined and quite at speed, the focus econetic is also brilliant but the tyre roar WILL drive you insane !! hope this helps :)

a golf for a mere £16.500 - not very economical to buy either or insure,

they do a Polo bluemotion but that is the SAME power unit as the Seat Ibiza ecomotive - so its all down to price of purchase for me!

Thanks for your input (PS: dont like citroens)

but remember when u come 2 sell the golf it will a wort a hell of a lot more , and also the polo blumotion will have a 3 cylinder 1.2 deisel :)

The std Fiesta 1.6tdci 90bhp engine is too highly geared for economical cruisng at 70mph.

We get approaching 60mpg average on our daily commute of mainly A roads and smaller B & unclassified roads. As soon as we go on the dual carriageway the average economy drops by approx 5mpg - and that is at a constant 70mph. Slow to 65mph and it improves a bit.

3000rpm for a diesel at 70mph is high these days, the Fiesta 1.6tdci is crying out for a 6th speed - the car would cruise a lot better and quieter and be more economical.

We use our 2.0dci 150bhp Laguna SporTourer for long journeys etc and can average just over 50mpg, which is pretty good for a large car. It has only done 5k miles so isnt run in yet either.It is barely ticking over at 70mph 2000 rpm.

The std Fiesta 1.6tdci 90bhp engine is too highly geared for economical cruisng at 70mph.

We get approaching 60mpg average on our daily commute of mainly A roads and smaller B & unclassified roads. As soon as we go on the dual carriageway the average economy drops by approx 5mpg - and that is at a constant 70mph. Slow to 65mph and it improves a bit.

3000rpm for a diesel at 70mph is high these days, the Fiesta 1.6tdci is crying out for a 6th speed - the car would cruise a lot better and quieter and be more economical.

We use our 2.0dci 150bhp Laguna SporTourer for long journeys etc and can average just over 50mpg, which is pretty good for a large car. It has only done 5k miles so isnt run in yet either.It is barely ticking over at 70mph 2000 rpm.

yes i agrree , our 2.0 tdci 6 speed focus was basicly on tick over at 70 mph i think it was 1900 rpm

• 5 months later...

Hi all , i'm new here & was wondering what mileage are you getting on average on 1 of these 1.6 tdci Econetic Mk7s Fiesta's,

are the claims anywhere near what they predict - as this is normally rolling road figures,

i do a fair bit of gentle Motorway driving all week & currently get 52/58 mpg out of my diesel 1.3.

i am trying to decide on this or a Seat Ibiza 1.6 Ecomotive,

i know the Fiesty has no spare wheel - whereas the Seat does - all about saving weight,

so could you also help me out with the pro s & cons of ownership you have come across with the Ford

(last Ford i owned was a 1976 Cortina mk4)

Thanks all.

ps:sorry if this has been asked before

DO NOT get an Econetic - the one we're stuck with gets 48 - 50 mpg after a year of 'loosening up' and guess what! Ford's don't want to know!!! and that's after 8 of their employees achieved the same mpg as us!!

DO NOT get an Econetic - the one we're stuck with gets 48 - 50 mpg after a year of 'loosening up' and guess what! Ford's don't want to know!!! and that's after 8 of their employees achieved the same mpg as us!!

thats really quite bad ! The car im driving at the moment is a 2010 focus 1.6 tdci zetec ( witch is owned by my dad) and i can get 59 - 61 mpg from a tank and if i go on a 'eco run' i can get 74 mpg!! :) my dad gets around 55 mpg on a day to day basis and my step mother gets no more than 45mpg ' she drives it hard hanging on to every gear like its a petrol ! , and thats the same car so it just goes to show that is more likily to be the driver lowering the mpg than the car :)

Agree Fester is too low geared at 70 its doing @2,600rpm. My mpg is @54mpg.

Wifes 2 litre 110 TDI Golf does about 2,000 rpm at 70 even though its only 5 speed. Does 55-60mpg. Bigger faster heavier car and it does better mpg than the Ford! Sure the Fester would do 60+mpg if it had a extra high 5th or even better a 6th gear.

• 1 month later...

DO NOT get an Econetic - the one we're stuck with gets 48 - 50 mpg after a year of 'loosening up' and guess what! Ford's don't want to know!!

Just as well i didn't get one then - I got a Seat Ibiza Ecomotive 1.2 TDi cr 3door brand new at Christmas, And basically thats crap as well i struggle to get 60mpg doing about 60mph top whack on my weekly 230mile commute now done 2k still crap,

worst i had was 53 ish mpg pushing it to 70mph that was last week - so don't buy either keep you hard earned in your pocket.

The only thing i will say about the Seat is i got it in White £3k cheaper than it would have cost for a Fiesta & VAT free.

i did test drive a standard 1.4 Fiesta diesel before i took the plunge tho

• 2 months later...

Agree Fester is too low geared at 70 its doing @2,600rpm. My mpg is @54mpg.

Wifes 2 litre 110 TDI Golf does about 2,000 rpm at 70 even though its only 5 speed. Does 55-60mpg. Bigger faster heavier car and it does better mpg than the Ford! Sure the Fester would do 60+mpg if it had a extra high 5th or even better a 6th gear.

Interesting because my econetic (2010) sits at more like 2,200 at 70. However, I thought I'd experiment with fuel, and started using BP Ultimate Diesel rather than whatever stuff Sainsburys near me had. Having done around 4,000 miles on each as a comparison, my eco is much better all round on the ultimate. I'm seeing 59mpg on a typical mixed journey run, have had 62 as my highest on a single tank on a very long motorway (there/back) run keeping it as constant to 70 as I could.

On ultimate, I have found my general rev's drop in most scenarios, my idling has dropped, and the general power of the car has improved - I was seeing a tiny bit of sluggish behaviour pulling away on hills before, but with ultimate the car is just smooth smooth smooth!

The only issue with Ultimate is of course price, there is a much bigger premium for it in the south west - at the moment the average here is about 141.9 for regular, ultimate is (and has always been at my nearest bp garage) 148.9.

I worked out by the time I'd accounted for silly stuff like double nectar points on ultimate, improved economy it was working out not too much of a premium - and the improved performance and smoothness of the car worth it for me.

Others certainly disagree!

Driving style def has a massive impact - if I just give the car a less considerate drive, fuel eco drops quickly.

Having just done its first service at 12,500 odd, I'll be monitoring how it performs with fresh bits and bobs over the next few thousand.

• 1 year later...

Hi y'all out there!

We are new to this forum and felt we just had to comment on the MPG question.

We have joined the club because we felt we wanted to improve our economy, due to the quoted government and manufacturers figures that are a good 10% higher than we manage to achieve.

I run a '03 Mondy 2L TDCi Ghia Estate (130bhp). My GF runs a '12 Fiesta 1.6 Econetic Diesel.

We have a running competition to see who gets the best MPG.

Granted we live in the country with little congestion, few traffic lights, but the roads are mostly 'B' with 'A' used occasionally.

My own economics in the Mondy over the last 478miles is 58.4MPG compared to the manufacturers claimed 68MPG 'combined' driving. This however does include a 240mile dual carriageway round trip journey and staying within and close to the legal limit. Staying locally, I normally achieve around 53MPG.

My lady in her Fiesta Eco has achieved 64.4MPG over the last 1600miles, which again includes a 240mile dual carriageway round trip. And is compared to the 85.6MPG taken from the manufacturers and government figures.

Now, we find that the quoted manufacturers figures are rather exaggerated.

We seem to have achieved pretty good figures compared to many MPG's quoted on this forum.

The vehicle before the Fiesta was a Peugeot 206 1.6 Diesel Sport. Astounding 67MPG's and overtaking power (110bhp), the Peugeot could give the Mondy a run for the money in the acceleration stakes. Now the Fiesta is a bit of a let down in both MPG and power departments, especially the low down torque.

Surely there must be a remapping programme available to rectify these Fiesta shortcomings !

Anyone any ideas ??

SONIC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club