Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecosport upgrades

Ecosport2019

Just wanted to post this here so if anyone is looking at any upgrades that these are possible as I have completed these today.

Ive now fitted these used parts for around £100

A genuine reverse camera with working guide lines and bendy lines.

Automatic headlamp switch

Cruise control and speed limiter

If anyone wants any info let me know.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Ecosport2019 said:

A good result 👍

• 4 months later...
On 11/12/2022 at 4:13 PM, Ecosport2019 said:

Just wanted to post this here so if anyone is looking at any upgrades that these are possible as I have completed these today.

Ive now fitted these used parts for around £100

If anyone wants any info let me know.

Hi, my wife has 2019 ecosport without reverse camera. What you have to do and get to have reverse camera working? Does it need some kind of module or will it work if connected right to the screen and take power from rear light?

-Oboy

First of all, have you got fuse 58 10amp present in battery fuse box  under bonnet?

If you have great, you will then need to buy a genuine camera from eBay with trim around and the small section of wiring loom that comes with the camera ( loads of there), around £30 complete

Then you will need to buy a lead (elm 327 or equivalent) to use forscan and download the free software.

Then you need to buy some shielded wire around £10, i can send you the link and soldier a few wires.

After everything is done you will have the genuine camera with bendy lines and settings in the sync 3 touch screen.

I fitted an aftermarket camera fitst of all but is rubbish compared to the real thing.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ecosport2019 said:

I fitted an aftermarket camera fitst

I fear James you are replying to a clever Spam Bot. 🙄 The user Oboy joined yesterday at 8:31am and immediately posted a question (8:31am) and logged off.

Users with no profile details are in most cases not real. On the day this user appeared there were a further 9 uses all without profiles and none have returned back to the forum.

• Thanks 1

Oh thats annoying, will just copy and paste the info next time🤣 save the effort

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hi James 

we have just got an EcoSport zetec model with nav fitted (2019) and have been looking on eBay for the cameras with the harness but before I buy these I was after your advise - is it just plug and play once the forscan has activated the camera function?? 
just trying not stand if there is any our wiring required?? Your help would be great thanks

ps also would be looking to do auto headlights next 

10 minutes ago, unofix said:

I did not notice that it did not have them as the 2018 style fiesta before did and that had no features at all …..it’s all a bit backwards sometimes!  

The EcoSport was based on the older Fiesta and type approved early enough not to need auto lights.

• Thanks 1

Hi, as long as you have the little dome light sensor on the front of the dash you literally just plug the new light switch in. Im not even sure i had to activate on forscan, but i can't guarantee this as was a while ago, so you may still need forscan.

You can test your light sensor, in broad daylight completely cover the sensor and your satnav should dim. This is the same sensor used for the auto headlamps. I was suprised when i noticed this on the wiring diagram, you would've thought ford would pay the extra 50p for the axtra switch position. 

You definitely need the short wiring harness with the camera trim, if you can't find one the correct colour you could always make a hole in yours and transfer.

I just went for chrome, made my life easy!

First of all, have you got fuse 58 10amp present in battery fuse box  under bonnet?

If you have great, you will then need to buy a genuine camera from eBay with trim around and the small section of wiring loom that comes with the camera ( loads of there), around £30 complete

Then you will need to buy a lead (elm 327 or equivalent) to use forscan and download the free software.

Then you need to buy some shielded wire around £10, i can send you the link and soldier a few wires.

After everything is done you will have the genuine camera with bendy lines and settings in the sync 3 touch screen.

I fitted an aftermarket camera fitst of all but is rubbish compared to the real thing.

If you can get the whole wiring harness for the tailgate that joins in the boot you won't have to do any wiring, but im a tech and impatient so gotbored of looking

• Thanks 1

The first one wasnt chrome

• Thanks 1

Hi James thanks for the info , can I ask what the shielded cable is for ?? Do I need to run any wires from the camera through the car or des the wiring harness do it all ?? 

Want to make sure I’m all set when I get all the bits and know what order to do it as can anything on l e to follow other than the forscan program to follow 

cheers Dave 

Hi the shielded wire is an insulated wrapped cable, it sends the video signals high and low from the camera to the sync 3 unit, without using this type of wire you get interference when wipers on etc.

Basically if you have that fuse installed already you should have all the wiring needed from the sync 3 unit to the boot area. The problem is the next loom goes from the boot area, through the boot doorhinge gaiter to the camera, this part of the loom has several wires missing, including the shielded wires.

Now you can go all out and add more terminals to all the block connectors, which is the professional way, but i wasn't too fussed and soldier wiring looms every week so i just cut and joined the missing wires.

I dont check this forum every day so i can be slow to respond sometimes.

On 4/20/2023 at 8:13 PM, Ecosport2019 said:

I dont check this forum every day so i can be slow to respond sometimes.

Hi - just wanted to say thanks I’ve not done the camera yet but ordered an auto headlight switch and just fitted and it all works which is awesome- cheers Dave

• 11 months later...

Going to give this a go

got the sensor and fuse required 

just need to be the bits together now 

Headlight switch done and working fine

camera in the post, hopefully I can work out the wiring ok 🤔

camera arrived and bolted to the tailgate 

I can see the wires that need connecting camera end,

anyone know where these connecting on the loom in the boot?

Hi this is the wiring diagram,  you will need to buy a legnth of video loom, i will try to attach what i purchased. 

The loom is in the left hand side of the boot behind the carpet, the wires go into the multiplug but dont come out, this is where you need to cut and join and run the made loom into the tailgate.

Remember your new camera needs to come with the piece of small loom from the camera.

Screenshot_20240414_170257_Gallery.thumb.jpg.cb89154404ca0fc8fa325e755c6ef1eb.jpg

Thank mate

The camera has the wiring so just need to splice it in 

can you remember the changes made in Forscan too? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club