Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 1.4 Tdci Rough Idle

SpaceFlightOrange

HI. This is my first post, and i'm really desperate.

I have a 2007 1.4 TDCI fiesta, that was working great, It was serviced in April by the main dealer (3rd, major service), and had its first MOT a couple of weeks ago, which aside from a bulb replacement, passed without problem.

When i got the car back from the MOT Garage, it was very rough when idling, but it drove fine. 24 hours later on the motorway it reported an "Engine System Failure" with a flashing amber light that looked like a gear with an exclamation mark in it. It also restricted me to 40MPH

I immediately pulled over and called the breakdown service out. The guy looked at the engine and couldn't see anything obvious, so he started it, and revved it quite high 3 times. This cleared the rough idle problem and off i went.

about 5 days later, the rough idle problem returned although no errors were reported, so i booked it in to the main dealer for diagnosis.

almost 3 weeks later they still have my car and still don't know what the problem is.

This is what i am aware that they have tried:

They plugged it in and it did not report any errors

replaced the injectors

replaced the PCU

looked at the camshaft (and i presume the sensor)

had the cylinder head off!

its still got the problem. I had someone recommend looking at the airflow meter and checking for air leaks, which i passed to the garage, but wether this was carried out, i don know.

Please, can anybody offer any ideas? Im desperate because this is our only car and i start a new job next week, and need a car for that job

Thanks in advance

i would look towards cleaning the egr valve.

i would look towards cleaning the egr valve.

Hi. Thanks for the reply

I did mention this when i booked it in because the Breakdown chap mentioned it. I didn't get any feedback from the garage so i don't know if the info was passed on to the mechanics from the reception. Im going to ask to speak to the foreman tomorrow and see what he has to say.

I have an update. The garage has had a Ford Field Engineer looking at the car all day today and they have confirmed that the EGR valve and the MAF have been checked. The Field Engineer believes its a flywheel problem!

I dont know if my car would have a single or dual-mass flywheel in it, but i understand that its not uncommon for Dual-Mass flywheels to fail.

They are going to look at that and update me tomorrow

I have an update. The garage has had a Ford Field Engineer looking at the car all day today and they have confirmed that the EGR valve and the MAF have been checked. The Field Engineer believes its a flywheel problem!

I dont know if my car would have a single or dual-mass flywheel in it, but i understand that its not uncommon for Dual-Mass flywheels to fail.

They are going to look at that and update me tomorrow

Right.

It wasnt the flywheel (pretty much what i was expecting) so the Ford technician has asked for the calibration data off the PCU.

I really getting desperate about this as i need a car for my new job which starts on Monday

Any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club