Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shunted!!

AntonyJ

My immaculate, carefully wrapped in cotton wool Fiesta got shunted this evening on the way home from work :(

I was stationary, waiting at a roundabout, and got hit from behind by a bigger car. It's been over 10 years since my last accident (and that was a shunt as well). The insurers have been good (so far) and my precious will be collected by the local dealer tomorrow. Guess who'll be in a courtesy car for the next few weeks...

Feel my pain:

p1060716s.jpg

p1060706s.jpg

You can see the bumper and tailgate are wrecked. But also the rear quarter panels have moved, the rear bulkhead is pushed in and the spare wheel well is deformed. I think the suspension has moved. So it'll need a lot of work to put right (if it can be done) :o

The only good thing is no serious injuries (the woman in the other car had a burn on her hand from the airbag). I'm fine, just a bit shook up (thank's for asking :) ).

Any words of sympathy gratefully accepted....

I can only imagine how gutted you are right now!!! :o, was she just not looking?

Terrible luck there! Glad you're both okay though.

That poor car looks a right mess. Hope it can get sorted :)

I can only imagine how gutted you are right now!!! :o, was she just not looking?

Cheers. She said she was looking to the right and assumed I'd already gone :rolleyes: . She told the police that she was stationary behind me and drove forward. I find that hard to believe given that an airbag shouldn't deploy below 30mph and it was a Mondeo not a Veyron...

Cheers. She said she was looking to the right and assumed I'd already gone :rolleyes: . She told the police that she was stationary behind me and drove forward. I find that hard to believe given that an airbag shouldn't deploy below 30mph and it was a Mondeo not a Veyron...

Haa yeah, I'd be suprised if the police fell for that :lol:

Put a claim in for whiplash :)

I drove in to the car in front at a junction in my 03 zetec, steered to the left to get out of it, hit at an angle, and bent the chassis, but enough about that.

That happens to me a lot, you're second at the roundabout, it's clear for miles, you turn to the front to go, and find the car in front has gone no where!

Hows about this one, we have a leased car at work, 56 Merc, and it was being used over the weekend, and on the main A59 near York, merrily following a pick up, until the pick up decided he wanted the BP garage he'd slightly missed, so reversed in to the front of it!!

ouch, sorry to hear it, you can see how the car has deformed to absorb the impact, at least I'm assured of it's 5 star crash credentials!

Warning sexist comment - typical dozeball woman driver, asleep at the wheel doing her lippy and thinking about what to cook the kids for tea.

If it was mine I'd want a new car replacement, would the accident repair affect resale value?

I guess that's an argument for buying in Squeeze - at least she wouldn't have been able to say she hadn't seen you.

Hope all goes well with the repair.

ouch

hope you are okay, hope it is fixed soon. ii would be gutted if mine got hit

sorry to say but i would think that is a right of lucking at the damage....

Sorry to hear of your shunt but glad you're okay.

Hope you're back on the road in your own car soon.

Sorry to hear of your shunt but glad you're okay.

Hope you're back on the road in your own car soon.

Thanks guys for your kind words. Believe me it is helping.

The insurers have been ace so far, so props to Aviva.

My car was collected earlier by the garage (at least it's proper Ford dealer doing the work and not someone else). I should find out in few days if the car is repairable or a writeoff.

And now the bad news: I've just received my courtesy car and it's a Megane 1.5 Diesel. :o

...Haven't I suffered enough...? :P

Cheers,

Antony.

Sorry to hear about the accident, at least it wasn't your fault I suppose so no NCD lost or anything. The car does look to me as though it could be a write off, the damage seems fairly extensive from what you said.

As if she tried to say that all that happened crawling along in traffic, the airbag would never deploy below 20mph surely!?

Also, please don't sue for whiplash, no blame no claim is everything that's wrong with this country.

Sorry to hear about the accident, at least it wasn't your fault I suppose so no NCD lost or anything. The car does look to me as though it could be a write off, the damage seems fairly extensive from what you said.

As if she tried to say that all that happened crawling along in traffic, the airbag would never deploy below 20mph surely!?

Also, please don't sue for whiplash, no blame no claim is everything that's wrong with this country.

I would put a claim in get every penny you can.

I would put a claim in get every penny you can.

I'm sorry but that attitude is the exact reason why this country has gone down the.

Also, sorry to hear/ see your car! I know I would be pretty disappointed if it happened to me. I hope it isn't a write-off and you get it repaired soon!

Edited by DanGull
However strongly you feel, please read the rules on swearing.

I'm sorry but that attitude is the exact reason why this country has gone down the .

Also, sorry to hear/ see your car! I know I would be pretty disappointed if it happened to me. I hope it isn't a write-off and you get it repaired soon!

Theres many of reasons why this country has gone down the pan i think weres theres a blame theres a claim the dozy !Removed! should be looking at all times and me personally i would takes the dizzy head for every penny because even if the car does get fixed its never the same afterwards and my personal view why i would put a big fat claim in.

Now iam waiting for the know it alls to have a go at me now no offence to you andy uk :)

Now iam waiting for the know it alls to have a go at me now no offence to you andy uk :)

I'm not being a "know-it-all".

Anyway I'm not getting into a big discussion about what's right and wrong. This thread is about Antony's accident.

There's no point in inflating the claim to "get back" at the other driver as it just comes out of the insurance. Her premium will go up next year, but I doubt that will be based on the actual cost of the claim made (actually "claims" plural - she said the front of the car had only just been fixed from the last accident...) :(

Inflating claims raises the cost of insurance for everyone, as you can be sure the insurance companies never make a loss.

Besides I'm too honest (perhaps for my own good) and the moral high ground is rather nice place to be with good views... :D

Back on topic... That Megane is awful. The "keyless" entry/start is very poorly implemented compared to my Fiesta. The engine is gutless unless you floor it. The clutch doesn't seem to have a bite point and only transfers any drive with your foot practically off the pedal. The handling is a bit vague. The controls are bizarre (twisting an unmarked stalk to turn the lights/wipers on, and twisting it the same way again to turn off)... The gauges are quite flash, but I'm sure a dial is better for a speedo than digits. The tailgate has to be slammed to lock rather than just left to fall.... The list goes on... :blink:

The only good thing I can say about it compared to the Fiesta is the aircon is a bit more powerful and that's it.

I just want my car back....

Back on topic... That Megane is awful. The "keyless" entry/start is very poorly implemented compared to my Fiesta. The engine is gutless unless you floor it. The clutch doesn't seem to have a bite point and only transfers any drive with your foot practically off the pedal. The handling is a bit vague. The controls are bizarre (twisting an unmarked stalk to turn the lights/wipers on, and twisting it the same way again to turn off)... The gauges are quite flash, but I'm sure a dial is better for a speedo than digits. The tailgate has to be slammed to lock rather than just left to fall.... The list goes on... :blink:

The only good thing I can say about it compared to the Fiesta is the aircon is a bit more powerful and that's it.

I've got the answer: It's French - I'm surprised it hasn't done a runner off your drive yet.

I would just go take a look out the window to make sure it's still there.

I've got the answer: It's French - I'm surprised it hasn't done a runner off your drive yet.

I would just go take a look out the window to make sure it's still there.

Well it would have to drive itself as I'm damn sure nobody would want to steal it... B)

Could of been SO much worse

But all be sorted soon bud

Sorry for your pain and suffering during this difficult time :lol:

My God... I'm so sorry! :(. I think it's pretty much beyond repair I'm afraid :(. If you can repair it it's going to cost over £5,000 at least :( If somebody did that amount of damage to my pride and joy (1997 Fiesta Ghia) they'd have more than a burned hand from the air bag...

I'm not being a "know-it-all".

Anyway I'm not getting into a big discussion about what's right and wrong. This thread is about Antony's accident.

I know your not being a know it all andy thats why i said no offence i wasnt aiming it at you. :)

There's no point in inflating the claim to "get back" at the other driver as it just comes out of the insurance. Her premium will go up next year, but I doubt that will be based on the actual cost of the claim made (actually "claims" plural - she said the front of the car had only just been fixed from the last accident...) :(

Inflating claims raises the cost of insurance for everyone, as you can be sure the insurance companies never make a loss.

Besides I'm too honest (perhaps for my own good) and the moral high ground is rather nice place to be with good views... :D

:lol::lol: she said her car was only just fixed from her last accident sounds like she should'nt even be on the road !Removed! hell :lol:

If that was my car i would in the gutter crying like a girl hopefully it all gets sorted has soon has and you can give that french thing back :lol:

Edited by DanGull
You have been told time and time again to STOP swearing. Warning added.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club