Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"Tyre sensor not detected check handbook"

F0CUE

Randomly receiving the above message. How do you find out which sensor is at fault? Its quite annoying cos on the US focus you can train them to find out by pressing the hazards on and off so many times. Will I need to get one of the little training tools and use the brake sequence or is it easier to get a tire place to check?

Get the tyre place to check for you as they will have to replace it anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Using forscan on my 2015 fiesta it identifies each sensor by position on the car although there is no way of telling just from dashboard.  I had a problem when putting the spare on . On fiesta style econetic it has a spare as standard which is identical to the wheels on the car and has pressure sensor in it (14 inch steel wheels). The car seemed to detect it eventually after some more driving. Yours might unluckily be at the age when the sensor batteries fail.

• Thanks 1

When I had a faulty one on my Focus Forscan identified the wrong one. I had it replaced at a Ford dealer as it was still under warranty and they went round each wheel with a little gadget to identify the one that wasn't transmitting.

• Like 1

When you get the message, can you bring up the tyre pressures on the display to see if one is obviously wrong?

2 hours ago, RMurphy195 said:

When you get the message, can you bring up the tyre pressures on the display to see if one is obviously wrong?

No only has options to save the current pressure.

The batteries in the tyre pressure sensors typically last 7 to 8 years depending on mileage. At this time of year as it gets colder any batteries that are starting to fail will start giving random problems.

It is quite possible that you will end up having to replace all 4 soon.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club