Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anoying Clicking Noise

fiesta_lad

Hi all i drive a fiesta mk5 1.3i endure e engine petrol 2001 reg. what it is for some time now when i start the car sometimes i get this loud clicking screeching noise but the engine does not start sometimes this can happen 3 or 4 times and then the 5th try the engine starts fine any one know what this problem can be has its driveing me mad cheers alan.

Hi all i drive a fiesta mk5 1.3i endure e engine petrol 2001 reg. what it is for some time now when i start the car sometimes i get this loud clicking screeching noise but the engine does not start sometimes this can happen 3 or 4 times and then the 5th try the engine starts fine any one know what this problem can be has its driveing me mad cheers alan.

Sounds like the gear on the starter motor solenoid is sticking, so it fails to engage the gear with the flywheel. It could be there isn't quite enough power from the battery to operate it properly, or more likely the solenoid is getting to the end of its life. I see an exchange starter motor in your near future...

Sounds like the gear on the starter motor solenoid is sticking, so it fails to engage the gear with the flywheel. It could be there isn't quite enough power from the battery to operate it properly, or more likely the solenoid is getting to the end of its life. I see an exchange starter motor in your near future...

At first i thought it was the battery because i think its the same battery in the car back when the car was made in 2001 its a motorcraft one do u know how much for a starter motor

At first i thought it was the battery because i think its the same battery in the car back when the car was made in 2001 its a motorcraft one do u know how much for a starter motor

On Lookers site it gives several starters for the 1.3 Mk5 from £85 to nearley £130 depending on the power output :o

There might be cheaper sources (motor factors, eBay, scrappy, etc). It's definitely worth checking if it's the battery first though as a new one of those is about £50.

On Lookers site it gives several starters for the 1.3 Mk5 from £85 to nearley £130 depending on the power output :o

There might be cheaper sources (motor factors, ebay, scrappy, etc). It's definitely worth checking if it's the battery first though as a new one of those is about £50.

I might get a battery check done tomorrow to see what output its giveing me cheers.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club