Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HEATED SCREEN

avo333

Hi everyone my heated screen on my mondeo 2016 mk5 is not working can't get a wiring diagram for love nor money does anyone no if the two wires going into the heated screen on both sides are they both live or is one live and one earth  there are two going to the left and two to the right 

What's the condition of the battery? The heated front screen draws a lot of power and is usually one of the first things to be deactivated if the battery isn't in good condition.

The front heated screen is in two half's and even has two separate fuses. The connections either side of the screen are both positive when the screen is on and both half's share a common ground point located in the centre, either at the very top or the very bottom of the screen depending on the model.

The heated screen will not work if the battery State Of Charge is 70% or less. It also requires the outside temperature to be 7oC or colder for it to switch on.

Fuse 61 (40 Amp) Left side of screen

Fuse 66 (40 Amp) Right side of screen

Heated Front Screen.JPG

• Like 1

I replaced my tailgate due to some idiot "me" reversing into a mini skip and the bottom haf or the heated screen not working. In moving a load of stuff for my daughter ive caught on of the wires and it does not clear on one bar right across the rear screen. Anyone used those repair kits, do they work ???? or do i live with it.

Hi unofix thanks for that . i will tell you what i did  i took the skuttle off and took  the connectors to the screen and .disconnected them i got my test light and multimeter and turned the engine on i put the test light into one of the connectors it lit up the other side did not same on the other side then i put the multimeter on there was power 14v on one side of the connector but nothing on the other side and that was on both side  do you know when it comes out of the fuse box where does it go so i can trace it i know you out a diagram on but i don't understand it properly 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jimpster said:

Anyone used those repair kits, do they work ???? or do i live with it.

Yes they work well if you are prepared to spend a little time and do the preparation needed.

Find the break in the track. Use something like 'scotch brite' and gently and carefully clean about 10mm either side of the damaged section. The darker protective coating on the track needs to be cleaned away until you reach the actual conductive part of the element.

Clean the area with IPA and allow to dry. Use masking tape or electrical tape to mask either side of the track and create a perfect parallel channel. Now paint on the silver conductive paint and allow to dry. paint on a second coat and allow to dry. Finally cover the repaired area with clear nail polish. Leave overnight before removing the tape and switching on the HRW.

• Like 1

On my wife’s Mazda 2, only two of the twelve strips on hrw worked. On close examination I found breaks in the non working strips. It looked like it was corrosion, not by something scraping across. I bought a minute bottle of silver conductive paint on eBay for about 8 quid.  After repair I still have 4 not working. I think maybe I needed to use more abrasive force on it before painting. But it all looks quite fragile. It does look like there’s more decay than I have ever seen before on a hrw.  From the outside it looks scruffy because it’s silver instead of the brown strip colour. But having it working is more important to me than looks.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club