Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dual zone heater control panel

Des65

I have the dual zone heater control panel in my focus and it is silver and the display is orange ,but the symbols on the buttons have worn away ,my question is i can get a replacement panel in black but how would I know what colour the display will be ,orange or blue ?

It will work and have the correct illumination color as long as the black DEATC panel comes from a Focus MK2.5, C-mac MK1.5 or Kuga MK1/MK1.5.

Focus MK3, C-max MK2 Kuga MK2 and Mondeo MK4/MK4.5 DEATC panels are not compatible with your car.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Des65 said:

That's good to know thank you 👍

You can also get panels out of C-max and possibly Kuga too, the whole unit splits open pretty easily so you can then swap your circuit board into another unit that’s got better buttons etc and not have to worry about the internals being a match

Thanks for your reply but I think splitting them of open is way above my ability 🙃

48 minutes ago, Des65 said:

Thanks for your reply but I think splitting them of open is way above my ability 🙃

It’s actually very simple just 6 plastic clips that you can push in and prise the casing apart gradually. All the buttons stay with the outer case, there’s a little rubber mat on the circuit board that you keep with it then just repeat with the second unit and swap the boards over 👍

Gives you more choice for getting what you need, I was struggling to find a black coloured Focus unit but C-max one did the job fine. Came attached to a dash panel I didn’t need to use

• Like 1

20221204_142258.thumb.jpg.8179701c5f8bf680eae365ce0a0b8785.jpg20221201_095259.thumb.jpg.4d73b63a87c5be8493d32f331d5b7473.jpg  I got hold of a cheap panel I think it was a Mondeo and followed troy45 instructions and job done looks much better. 

Edited by Des65
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Des65 said:

20221204_142258.thumb.jpg.8179701c5f8bf680eae365ce0a0b8785.jpg20221201_095259.thumb.jpg.4d73b63a87c5be8493d32f331d5b7473.jpg  I got hold of a cheap panel I think it was a Mondeo and followed troy45 instructions and job done looks much better. 

Great 👍 

I purposely didn’t mention Mondeo in the list of possible swaps as I first got a black coloured Mondeo unit to use and while it looked the same shape to fit into the fascia the rear of the housing was a different shape so it fouled things and the holes didn’t line up either. Going spare if anyone wants it 😉

Some later models look to still have the same housing but one of the buttons within the dials is labelled differently - Max AC instead of Mono.

Just to add tho maybe a bit late now everything has been refitted but the trim piece above the buttons can be swapped between units too. 

88322218-4282-410B-BD58-29B62D2C334F.thumb.png.d9103fc8f2c46ce9ae0950d89378b994.png

Mines actually wrapped in silver vinyl and too much faffing now to swap for a silver one 🙄

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club