Do Not Sell My Personal Information

P056 code

steplce74

Had a lamba sensor fitted, sensor 2, bank 2,  the engine light sometimes come back on with the same code P0156, now I am getting a code P056 from sensor 2, bank 2, I have no end of electric issues in the 4 years I have owned my car, any ideas, thanks

2 hours ago, steplce74 said:

I have no end of electric issues in the 4 years I have owned my car, any ideas, thanks

11 minutes ago, steplce74 said:

the cat was fitted 4 years ago

I don't think that's a coincidence lol.  Seriously though, it can take months or even years before faults show up.  Same happens with DPF deletes and EGR removal on some engines.  They work fine for a while, but then the ECU seems to suddenly realise somethings wrong and start throwing faults months or years down the line.

• Like 1

I'm a bit puzzled by the fact you say it is Bank 2 on a straight 4 cylinder engine. 🤔

19 minutes ago, unofix said:

I'm a bit puzzled by the fact you say it is Bank 2 on a straight 4 cylinder engine. 🤔

Same as the previous thread. His vehicle should have 2 cats in parallel therefore bank1 sensor 1 and sensor 2 is one side and bank2 sensor 1 and 2 the other side. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, iantt said:

should have 2 cats

That would be a 'pride of cats' 😀

Thanks for that info Ian, makes much more sense now 👍

• Haha 1

been quoted £500 for a new cat plus the cost of 2 more lamba sensors so about £700, no guantee of stopping the engine light going out due to all the electric problems i have had so far, 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club