Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LED Front Lights

Philgv8

Thanks to Kevin (Hamster) for doing the legwork on this upgrade, I spent an entertaining couple of hours converting my front lights to LED.  Not an easy task getting the headlight out (push the bottom back), and having large less than nimble fingers the retaining springs were a nightmare, although the second set went much better, despite the projector lamp being reverse polarity.  Did the foglight through the headlight void, as mentioned elsewhere.  I had not seen any photos of half and half, so took some after I had completed the nearside.  Not been out yet but have high expectations of turning night into day, as they say.

IMG_2638.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

How much did it cost you roughly for this upgrade? 

My lights are more yellow and honestly the main beam is awful - its really something i want to upgrade on my Edge. 

If you dont want to share on here, feel free to DM.

Thanks

9 hours ago, ScxttMG said:

How much did it cost you roughly for this upgrade? 

My lights are more yellow and honestly the main beam is awful - its really something i want to upgrade on my Edge. 

If you dont want to share on here, feel free to DM.

Thanks

There are numerous bulbs available on eBay and amazon.  I changed mine when I had my Edge and the difference was fantastic. One word of warning though is that the legislation has changed so LED Bulbs fitted into housings that were not designed for LEDs can be an MOT failure.  Whether an MOT tester is actually going to go to the trouble of inspecting the bulbs if they are all working and the beam pattern is good is a different matter, but I’m sure there are MOT testers on here who could give an answer to that.  There are several threads on the subject.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club