Do Not Sell My Personal Information

easyFuel filler conversion

Zacory

Hey all,

I drive a 2011 1.25 Ford Fiesta Zetec, it has the easyFuel capless petrol filler,

I was wondering if it’s possible to remove it and add a regular filling cap?

There’s a few reasons why I’d prefer this method and the main one being the ability to lock it.

Are there conversions kits that exist or can I swap them easily with another Fiesta without the easyFuel feature

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Zacory said:

Hey all,

I drive a 2011 1.25 Ford Fiesta Zetec, it has the easyFuel capless petrol filler,

I was wondering if it’s possible to remove it and add a regular filling cap?

There’s a few reasons why I’d prefer this method and the main one being the ability to lock it.

Are there conversions kits that exist or can I swap them easily with another Fiesta without the easyFuel feature

By locking it are you trying to stop fuel theft? The easy fuel system has an anti Syphon device built in so you shouldn't need to worry about that. 

I am unsure if it can be swapped out, I guess anything is possible but it isn't always worth it. 

• Like 3

This is one of the things I like most on Fords and never had any trouble with them. One of the benefits claimed for the system when introduced was that it made syphoning more difficult, in addition to eliminating the chance of misfuelling.

As you can see from the diagram in one of these links, it's not as simple as it appears and removing and changing it for something else looks pretty difficult. Like Jon, I'd ask "why?" .

https://www.core77.com/posts/20189/Simple-Innovation-Fords-Easy-Fuel-System#:~:text=For those of you who've never heard of,gate that automatically seals shut when you're done.

https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/cars/25211/ford-easy-fuel-anti-theft-system-announced

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club