Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New (to me) Focus Active

IgottaFord

Hi All

Just bought a 2020 low mileage Focus Active X with the 123bhp, 1 litre turbo engine.

Likes; ride quality is pretty good even on 18" wheels, it's quite quiet, and it seems to be very economical however .....

I wonder if anyone has any advice on the following questions

1. Generally driving around, I rarely seem to get out of 3rd - I need to be doing 40mph plus or there seems to be quite a bit of judder. Is this normal?

2. There seems to be a certain amount of low level vibration that builds up and at about 2500 revs I can feel a really uncomfortable amount of vibration through the floor, pedals and steering wheel. Tyres are the original Continental EcoContact 6Q

It's possibly tyre balance but not quite the same as the vibration is "quicker" if that makes any sense.

1 hour ago, IgottaFord said:

2. There seems to be a certain amount of low level vibration that builds up and at about 2500 revs I can feel a really uncomfortable amount of vibration through the floor, pedals and steering wheel. Tyres are the original Continental EcoContact 6Q

If the vibration is bad when you are driving with a steady foot on the Accelerator and with it not pressed too far down then it is likely to be the Cylinder Deactivation vibration problem that a lot of people with the 1.0 Engine have. 

If it is that then there is no cure as far as I know other than driving in Sports Mode.

I can't comment constructively on the other problem because I have a 5 door 1.5 petrol engined car, which has more Torque and different gear ratios. The only things I would say is that I never move up into fourth on mine before 40 mph, which equates to around 2000 rpm. 

Other than that my personal thoughts are that it is asking a lot of a 125 bhp engine to power such a large car.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IgottaFord said:

I wonder if anyone has any advice on the following questions

1. Generally driving around, I rarely seem to get out of 3rd - I need to be doing 40mph plus or there seems to be quite a bit of judder. Is this normal?

Yes, don't let the revs go below 1800RPM, they don't like it

11 hours ago, IgottaFord said:

That's the cylinder deactivation system.

You are still in warranty, you could get Ford to have a look to see if there is a software update that may help, but if you just drive around in sport mode it deactivates cylinder deactivation

Many thanks people. I'll try sports mode, and at least as DaveT70 said, the car is still under Ford warranty and the garage also threw in 3 months of their own warranty that commences after the Ford one runs out.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club