Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus mk2 - Question about trimlevels

alexmcg

Hello,

Recently purchased a 2007 mk2 focus, 1.4L petrol. Wasn't entirely sure of the trim level when I purchased it but upon further research using online report checkers (I haven't collected the car yet) to see more of the technical details, I discovered that it comes up as an NT Zetec. Just curious as to what the difference is between a standard Zetec and an NT Zetec (If there even is any difference). The car also has a fully electric sunroof which appears to be rare as I cant find any other focuses currently for sale or sold in the last 6 months (in Ireland) with one. Was the sunroof just an x-pack or is that something to do with the trim level. Sorry if this seems like a silly question, I'm familiar enough with cars but don't have a notion when it comes to trim levels. Many thanks.

NT must have been an Irish spec. There wasn't an NT in UK Mk2s afaik.  If you can link the ad I can tell you if there are any extras above a standard UK Zetec.

Sunrooves were rare in the 2000's as people favoured AC after the  leaking sunrooves of the previous decades.  Don't often get AC and sunroof on the same model.  It's only really since 2010 that the panoramic roof idea caught on and sunrooves became more common again.

That one looks identical to a Zetec except no front fogs. 

Also worth noting the 1.4 wasn't used for long in the Mk2 Focus as it isn't really big enough for the car.  They are more common in Ireland than the UK for some reason. Possibly due to the tax system over there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

NT must have been an Irish spec. There wasn't an NT in UK Mk2s afaik.  If you can link the ad I can tell you if there are any extras above a standard UK Zetec.

Sunrooves were rare in the 2000's as people favoured AC after the  leaking sunrooves of the previous decades.  Don't often get AC and sunroof on the same model.  It's only really since 2010 that the panoramic roof idea caught on and sunrooves became more common again.

Cheers for detailed response, I bought the car directly from a dealership before an ad was placed as my brother is good friends with the owner so unfortunately there's no ad to link.

I'll need to double check once I actually collect the car but as far I can remember it had AC as well. Can't say if it had fog lights or not. Honestly bought the car after a very quick inspection due to the price I was being offered and how low the milage was (70k miles isn't bad for a 15/16 year old car). Interesting to learn that it's a spec more common in Ireland. 400 euro road tax on it because it's a petrol is a bit of an ouch.

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

That one looks identical to a Zetec except no front fogs. 

Also worth noting the 1.4 wasn't used for long in the Mk2 Focus as it isn't really big enough for the car.  They are more common in Ireland than the UK for some reason. Possibly due to the tax system over there.

Thanks for the detailed response, interesting read.

Also, noted. Avoid steep hills. 

Edit: didn't realise it was you both times. So you get the double the appreciation.

Edited by alexmcg
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club