Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coolant temperature symbol and one other symbol

pjo123

In the manual, it says, “If the Engine Coolant Temperature Warning Light illuminates when your vehicle is moving, this indicates that your engine is overheating”

Mine comes on when you start the engine, and stays on all the time.  Even if I drive off on a morning like today when it was -2,  when the engine is cold, still there.  Wondered if the manual is wrong, or it changes colour to red if there’s a problem?

Also a symbol not in the manual is displaying, common sense says it’s warning me that there’s a danger of ice, but as it’s not in the manual, I wondered if any of you knew it’s meaning?

Many thanks

AD4528ED-28AA-4C06-A709-1FDA6E8A46B5.jpeg

Snowflake on road symbol is indeed a warning of the possibility of snowflakes on the road.  I have seen other posts from people who say it's not mentioned in the manual!

Coolant temp - I *THINK* that it's this:

if it's white, as per your photo, it's just telling you what it is that's being measured (60 - 120). If it turns yellow, that's the "warning" (maybe coolant level). Red means stop the engine immediately. 

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club