Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central Locking

yabbiebee

just a quick question anyone know where to find the central locking module in a mk2 focus please thansk jay

just a quick question anyone know where to find the central locking module in a mk2 focus please thansk jay

It's not, as such. Earlier cars had a seperate module, the mk2 is built into the fusebox to the best of my knowledge

though there is a receiver beside the front interior light - not present on Studio model.

I have modified my 2006 Focus Studio with remote (flip key) central locking. I should be able to tell you how to do

this (and have parts required to do so) if you desire.

Regards,

David

It's not, as such. Earlier cars had a seperate module, the mk2 is built into the fusebox to the best of my knowledge

though there is a receiver beside the front interior light - not present on Studio model.

I have modified my 2006 Focus Studio with remote (flip key) central locking. I should be able to tell you how to do

this (and have parts required to do so) if you desire.

Regards,

David

if i had know before it was possible and cheaper i would not have had that clifford installed :angry: strung in more like....... i didnt know it was built into the fuse box :huh: just its stopped working now and was looking on how best to replace or get it sorted. ive checked fuse its meant to be and still nothing. locks just drivers door...but when i lock doors from inside car and use clifford to unlock all doors open so im sure it working just with the clifford been the problem im sure....

was it hard to mod ? costly :rolleyes:

if i had know before it was possible and cheaper i would not have had that clifford installed :angry: strung in more like....... i didnt know it was built into the fuse box :huh: just its stopped working now and was looking on how best to replace or get it sorted. ive checked fuse its meant to be and still nothing. locks just drivers door...but when i lock doors from inside car and use clifford to unlock all doors open so im sure it working just with the clifford been the problem im sure....

was it hard to mod ? costly :rolleyes:

Nope, it was easy, though took me a while to research and get someone in the know to help(paid for this). All it should need is a remote receiver module fitted beside the front courtesy light and a remote programmed. I have a spare remote receiver module (£56ish from Ford) should you be interested, it'll come with info on what to do.

I was in the same position, having assumed my 2006 Focus would have remote locks! Happy now as I have a flip key(have a spare one of these too for sale)with remote locking working perfectly.

Nope, it was easy, though took me a while to research and get someone in the know to help(paid for this). All it should need is a remote receiver module fitted beside the front courtesy light and a remote programmed. I have a spare remote receiver module (£56ish from Ford) should you be interested, it'll come with info on what to do.

I was in the same position, having assumed my 2006 Focus would have remote locks! Happy now as I have a flip key(have a spare one of these too for sale)with remote locking working perfectly.

bugger me lol let me see if i get any where with this guy if he dont and i have it removed i will give you a shout ;)

Right ive spoken to a ford tech and have been told central locking module is built into the fuse box and a new one was around £200 odd not the best way forward but might have to try it if all else fails.

if the central locking wasnt working then surely i should be able to unlock the car from the clifford fob. He then told that the car wouldnt lock using central locking via one of the doors if the car thinks a door is open. Wondering if anyone could give this a go for me.

i think my only other way of sorting this out would be getting the car to an auto elec place or direct to ford and have it put onto the computer he said they would be able to tell me which door or switch its seen as open shame there is no way i could test this myself

Right ive spoken to a ford tech and have been told central locking module is built into the fuse box and a new one was around £200 odd not the best way forward but might have to try it if all else fails.

if the central locking wasnt working then surely i should be able to unlock the car from the clifford fob. He then told that the car wouldnt lock using central locking via one of the doors if the car thinks a door is open. Wondering if anyone could give this a go for me.

i think my only other way of sorting this out would be getting the car to an auto elec place or direct to ford and have it put onto the computer he said they would be able to tell me which door or switch its seen as open shame there is no way i could test this myself

What happens when you lock/unlock with the key? Do all doors/boot lock/unlock as expected? If so, looks like it'll be a simple fix.

What happens when you lock/unlock with the key? Do all doors/boot lock/unlock as expected? If so, looks like it'll be a simple fix.

when i unlock from drivers door only that door open all other stay lock also does this from passanger side when i leave the car i lock them from the inside then just lock the two fronts with key however when i unlock using this clifford keyfob all doors unlock all doors. :huh: ive also looked all over for the open door switches and cant find then.... in the oth e post i have going it says there is one just near the strike plate on the drivers side but i dont have one

• 3 years later...

Damadgeruk do you still use this can you help me with my central locking ?

• 5 years later...

Hi, I get nothing from my fob or my internal locks central locking wise. But the indicators do glass from fob unlocking and the boot does lock. So I have to lock the doors one by one and then the drivers door with the key. As said the boot doesn't open when lock is on from fob. Is a donor fuse box the fix here from what I've read? 

It has had a donor drivers door. Not sure if it started then as it's all before my purchase. I have replaced that door again as it had a crap paint job. The didn't replace the lock with he original either. But I have the key for the donor doot I just fitted aswell. 

Any ideas? Obviously the fob works as the boot won't open when I hit lock. And the alarm arms, indictators flash on unlock. 

Many Thanks in advance. 

• 8 months later...

Not sure if anyone still uses this but worth a try.

Having similar issues with my 2007 1.8 petrol mk2 focus climate 3 door. 

Key fob will unlock all doors as normal but will not lock or ever try I can hear a very faint click and that's it. 

When I lock with the key it will only do the drivers door and the boot I have to lean across and lock the passenger door before getting out. 

When sat in the car no central locking works on any doors. 

With the key not locking the passenger door could this be the problem door??

I've tried to do the reprogram process with the key in the ignition and still nothing, I've checked this fuse 63? Think that's for a younger or older model cause I dont have a 63. 

Any ideas guys as really dont want to pay ford for it as it very expensive. 

Thanks in advance for any help! 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club