Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 Frozen screenwash nozzles

Alex.S

6 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

On a £30k car … 🧐 

Well yes, because they aren't just making one car. 

1 hour ago, shawty1984 said:

remove a fairly cheap part that’s very useful. 

Useless gimmicks sell cars, not useful parts.

When did you last see a commercial for a car that told you something about the vehicle?  It is all about image....

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Paulkp said:

When did you last see a commercial for a car that told you something about the vehicle?  It is all about image....

Indeed, even in the 70s, the Capri was pushed as 'the car you always promised yourself...' though it did state it had well upholstered seats, and 0-60 in 9.2 seconds LOL

ford-capri-ads-1960s-70s-9.thumb.jpg.2916c67d77457735a11d10820a840cf7.jpg

• Like 2

My jets were frozen this morning and my headlight washers are also now stuck out.

Hoping that as it warms up they will go back in.

• Sad 1

Tbf it was properly cold last night, having compounded over a few days now.  I woke up to the chorus of flat batteries slowly turning engines over for a good half hour outside this morning. :rolleyes:   

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Tbf it was properly cold last night, having compounded over a few days now.  I woke up to the chorus of flat batteries slowly turning engines over for a good half hour outside this morning. :rolleyes:   

Minus 7 this morning but there was a lot more widespread frost, still in shorts and hoodie though 😀

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Wino said:

Minus 7 this morning but there was a lot more widespread frost, still in shorts and hoodie though 😀

Ya eejit LOL :laughing:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wino said:

Think I'll have to start drinking wine if that's the effect it has! :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, alexp999 said:

My jets were frozen this morning and my headlight washers are also now stuck out.

Hoping that as it warms up they will go back in.

Good news, headlight washers retracted by themselves once it "warmed" (still 0 deg C) up.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Think I'll have to start drinking wine if that's the effect it has! :laugh: 

Only red and usually 1 small glass .........which then leads to another 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Quick question, my neighbours rear windscreen shattered while she was driving. Thinks someone threw a brick or something. Doesn’t look like it to me… is it possible it’s something to do with the heating element? I’ll attach a photo…

455FDE92-0B43-46B4-9F24-6315E20A30D6.png

11 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Quick question, my neighbours rear windscreen shattered while she was driving. Thinks someone threw a brick or something. Doesn’t look like it to me… is it possible it’s something to do with the heating element? I’ll attach a photo…

Definitely  not a brick, I grew up in Belfast, I know what a brick through the window looks like. I genuinely don't know the cause, but a projectile it isn't... It's almost as if the glass was put under tension?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's a toughened rather than laminated screen. They have a lot of stored internal energy which shatters the glass into small "safe" bits rather than jagged shards when the glass breaks. They are sensitive to any surface damage and can shatter if even a small stone hits them or just because they feel like it. I suspect she has just been unlucky.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s somebody in my local community fb group. Bit of a mystery for sure. 

It’s a BMW. Maybe that’s the problem! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, agraham said:

It's a toughened rather than laminated screen. They have a lot of stored internal energy which shatters the glass into small "safe" bits rather than jagged shards when the glass breaks. They are sensitive to any surface damage and can shatter if even a small stone hits them or just because they feel like it. I suspect she has just been unlucky.

But to shatter on both sides 🧐 

Toughened glass can do that for no obvious reason and it will be bonded rather than in an old fashioned rubber seal, so will be under a certain amount of stress.

Rover 3500's rear windows were bad for that.

• Thanks 1

Perhaps a stone flicked up from a car passing in the opposite direction.

As above though, it can just happen with toughened glass without being able to see a reason for it.  Cold weather won't have helped!

Hopefully it'll be covered by her insurance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've seen that on a '55 Corsa, a really cold winters day a few years ago.  Rear windscreen, no projectile involved.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies fellas , should put her mind at rest.

2 hours ago, Alex.S said:

It’s somebody in my local community fb group. Bit of a mystery for sure. 

FB group ? Friends / Benefits that's some local community group 😆

20 hours ago, Wino said:

FB group ? Friends / Benefits that's some local community group 😆

??  I’m not talking about friends with benefits 😂 it’s not a car keys in a bowl situation 😂 

16 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

... it’s not a car keys in a bowl situation

Now, how old are you?? LOL That scene was around in the 70s, when you often got served cubes of pineapple and cheese on a stick! (so I'm told...LOL)

• Haha 2

Not unique to the 70s lol . The cheese and pineapple yes 

• Like 1

Cheese & pineapple hedgehogs were still common at kids parties in the 90s here! :laugh:

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club