Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drain Holes

Max_Headroom

I have a mk6 Fiesta (3 door) , last night i noticed when i braked i could hear water "sloshing" form what appear to be the passenger side door, (we have had a lot of heavy rain for 24 hours solid) i have checked and cleared out the drain slots and TBH there didn't seem to be anything in them to cause this, I did notice however there are only two slots per door. one at the door handle end and one in the middle, is there supposed to be another on the hinge end?

TIA. ;)

yes there is but ford forgot to put them in on the production line,talk to ford there might be a TSB about the missing holes.

Had the same prob with my mk6

Got some thin wire and poked the holes clear.

There were only two holes on the doors so i got the mis stamped ones opened up at the dealer free of charge.

Jamie

Thanks for the advice, i used the compressor at work to blow them out so i am hoping it will not happen again, we get a lot of rain up here in the lakes and it has never happened before, i am thinking it was a combination of the very heavy rain and the length of time it rained that caused the problem, hopefully it will not do it again, i will keep an eye on it. ;)

• 11 years later...

Hi can anyone tell me we’re drain holes are to allow water to drain on a fiesta mk7 

Do you mean out of doors or boot or floor or what? Doors have holes along bottom that you can see.  The floor does not have drain holes. If rain is getting into car it will just start filling up with water. I had a sierra that has a few inches of water in it.  I just drilled holes in floor at lowest points.   If doing this you need to check the other side of where you drill to make sure you don’t damage anything else.   Of course curing leak is best but the sierra had a load of rot around bulkhead and would have been too much work to fix

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club